_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
DML Panther A without tow cables
Ralf
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 170 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2002 - 06:58 AM UTC
Opening a knew kit box is always a bit like christmas. But sometimes You feel so disapointed as You did, when Santa Claus failed the first time ... Or is there a serious reason WHY DML in itīs new Panther A early releas (40 $) doesnīt include something as basical as a set of tow cables?
We donīt expect yet PE-parts, but tow cables? On the kit box there ARE tow cables. Oh yes I forgot: Santa Claus doesnīt exist, donīt he?
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2002 - 08:51 AM UTC
youd be better off making them anyways, unless they gave you a couple pieces of wire, those plastic molded tow cable are junk (in my opinion)Ropes,tow cables,straps,and weld seams
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2002 - 08:59 AM UTC
I understand your frustration Ralf, but IMHO most manufactured tow cables su@k. As Sully so correctly pointed out above, it's almost always better for you to make your own. It's also a pretty simple undertaking.

Tread.

P.S. The word on the street is that that kit is superb.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2002 - 09:25 AM UTC
Totally agree, in my view the tow cables ruined a couple of things, if it's a plastic injected thingy. First the tow cable itself, second, the clasp that holds it in place, and if in the case of Tiger, or Kingtiger, it also runied the gun cleaning rods that also in the same clasp. So it's better that you just make your own, but it won't hurt, if some tow cable heads is included... :-)
 _GOTOTOP