_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
2D in 3D - another Dio coming
Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 02:46 AM UTC
Well I came from my hobby shop and I had to buy something...I bhought a 72nd revell Jagdpanther and while I was reading Squadrons Panther book I came across with the following pic. As soon as I looked at it I knew I had to build a dio from it!!! I guess I'll use the Jadpanther instead, altough that pic is a good reason to go and buy another kit... My question came because I was trying to lay my ideas on a piece of papper so I could start carving some foam for the base of it... I cant seem to find a way to display that scene using the less space as possible and as I've been told in some other projects here I should have "displayed it in a different way because bla bla bla bla", I decided to be one step further and ask you before anything =)) please take 5min and in MsPaint or somethin sketch your idea...This is not me being lazy or anything its a different way to start a project instead =)

So, Thanx in advance and here is the pic!
Cya guys

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 04:24 AM UTC
Francisco, How about part of a railroad crossing, as that is what it appears to be in the pic. Build it on a slight incline, maybe a burned out jeep or kubelwagen nearby, some downed poles. Maybe a dead cow or something. Do you plan on including the Kettenkrad as well? Just my .02 cents worth oat this point. "Q"
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 04:27 AM UTC
I just had another idea... How about a blown off turret from lets say either another german tank or maybe even an allied tank. You could have the crew looking over the side of the Jagdpather as they drive by. It would convey the message that something got blown up here, without having to include the entire vehicle. Add some discarded equipment lying scattered around. .....I'll think oif some more as soon as I hit the submit button!! Good luck. "Q"
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 05:03 AM UTC
For space saving concerns dont show all the road that the Kit. is on. You can narrow the ditch next to the road,
and lastly you can may a non-symetrical base...

_GOTOTOP