Azimut Achzarit
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 02:21 PM UTC
Hi all,
Azimut recently released their kit and it seems to be controversial due to hull and running gear choices.
Does anybody have a good idea of it or even a review ? How does it compare to Legend's one, knowing that AEF's one is said out of comparison ?

In one word, which kit is worth our money ?
TIA
cheers
olivier
gilbertsakr
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 02:28 AM UTC
hi

all are good kits
when A.E.F. Designs released their version, it was the best in the market coz it was the only one

then came Legend, which was not bad in terms of looks but very hard to assemble

then came ADV/Azimut version which was the absolute best in terms of designs, measurements, component details and a full interior

here is the link to my review https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/241070

enjoy
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 03:28 AM UTC

Anything else happen in the last 11 years we should know about??

jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 03:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Anything else happen in the last 11 years we should know about??

we need a kit in plastic for the Achzarit!!! Oh...wait
gilbertsakr
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 01:22 PM UTC

Meng released 2 amazing kits - but I am presuming you already know this by now ...

the reason I am bringing these kits up is for the new generation of modelers to be able to see, read and learn

I have managed to engage several schools and students into the art of modeling and they are eager to learn and see what was once the old school kits

like in muzik, you see teenagers of this era listening to led zepp, mark knopfler, police, sting, bob Dylan, and you think to yourself where did these kids learn?! ... like all disciplines, modeling is no different, all new beginners should start with the stick shift old school then move onto the new stuff

long ago someone had the vision to start this artistic discipline of armor scale representation, we are now enjoying his/her vision and our mission is to keep it alive for futures to come

it is not a competition, it is a completion of connected generations of molders worldwide

cheers fellaz
The_musings_of_NBNoG
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 516 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 02:53 PM UTC
Well said !!
a Toast...

and here also ...is to "Knowledge"
we continue to add to it no matter when the question was asked.

vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 05:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Meng released 2 amazing kits - but I am presuming you already know this by now ...

the reason I am bringing these kits up is for the new generation of modelers to be able to see, read and learn

I have managed to engage several schools and students into the art of modeling and they are eager to learn and see what was once the old school kits

like in muzik, you see teenagers of this era listening to led zepp, mark knopfler, police, sting, bob Dylan, and you think to yourself where did these kids learn?! ... like all disciplines, modeling is no different, all new beginners should start with the stick shift old school then move onto the new stuff

long ago someone had the vision to start this artistic discipline of armor scale representation, we are now enjoying his/her vision and our mission is to keep it alive for futures to come

it is not a competition, it is a completion of connected generations of molders worldwide

cheers fellaz

You got a kid in New York to listen? To do something for themselves?

Export some of that down here!!
gilbertsakr
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:19 PM UTC
dear friends

in line with our commitment to deliver a correct education to our loved ones(our kids), we have managed to engage the young, youth and students into activity programs that interest them in order to keep them away from crime, drugs and other anti-social deviations

muzik, modeling and hand made activities have proven to be the most effective and efficient in this regards

first we have established a society that tells the story of good old muzik - un-judgmental and none oriented towards one type - all sorts of muzik from all over the world

second we have tackled the topic of mechanics and vehicle repair techniques and this seemed to be the most appealing

when we tackled the topic of scale modeling, it started very slow and low profile, then in about a couple of month interest went out of proportion and talents appeared from every part of the world

to name a few, Qatar, Lebanon, Tunisia, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, UAE, and many more

main interest revolves around armor vehicles and war planes

subjects are chosen by the new generation of modelers depending on war era interests, most of which tackled the Vietnam era, israeli-arab wars, Russian and US counter parts

it is amazing to see so many youth leaving their silly ipads, iphones and ipods and I don't know what and turning their primary interest towards sports, muzik and modeling

our quest has prevailed here, and we believe it can prevail anywhere in the world

we always tell the new generation molders to keep in mind that modeling is not a competition between subjects, it is merely a complementary continuity of history in the making

so keep it light and enjoy it while you can
gilbertsakr
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:24 PM UTC
I know we might have gone off topic/subject at this wall, but this is the beauty of an added value conversation - which we call dynamic mutating conversations -
Olivier thank you for your tolerance
 _GOTOTOP