_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-62 almost ready for paint
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2004 - 06:09 PM UTC
Ayoha guys,

I made some pics from my T-62. I need to do some things though. The fuel tanks and and some other tiny details. I'm still not happy with the grab handles on the turret. Shall I re-make them or are they alright?

thanks for watching

Jurjen
lordQ
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2004 - 06:14 PM UTC
hi,recently made one of those too!
nice kit isn't it...tamiya'si also replaced those por handles on the turret too.the ones in the kit are to small en do not fit very well.
It looks well!

spary it in a nice camo sheme..there are some nice examples out there
lordQ
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 530 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2004 - 06:15 PM UTC
oeps...i've forgotten something.

How didi you do the realistic "metal" effect on the turret???
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2004 - 06:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

spary it in a nice camo sheme..there are some nice examples out there

Where where......? Show me
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 12:36 AM UTC
Jurjen- very clean build, I'm sure it'll look fantastic under paint. I like the shape of your grab handles but I think they (left side especially) are a bit far out from the turret. For interesting Color pics just try an a9.com image search.
HTH
RobH
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 03:29 AM UTC
Jurjen, looks pretty good. You asked about the grab handles, to me they seem to be sticking out too far fomr the turret. If I recall correctly, they only stick out about 6-8". You may want to check a few pics of the real thing just to confirm. Other than that, it looks like a pretty clean build. "Q"
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 10:01 AM UTC
The grabhandles are for the infantry to grab when riding the tank, so thinking about this when you are making/remaking them should help you envision how big they should be.

Also, the only problem you have right now, and I know it is a major kit failing but I wanted to just bring it up, is that the turret under the mantlet is all wrong. There should be no undercut under the mantlet. Tamiya really screwed it up. And the turret is too "thin". It should be about 1/8" thicker/taller. This is NOT to discourage you at all, you have done some darn fine work on the kit to really bring it up to standards, but I wanted to let you know about the turret issues before someone mean and nasty came along...
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 10:16 AM UTC
hey for the turret, i beleive he put model glue on there and then wiped it off with a paper towel or somthing. tell me if im wrong but ive done that for one of my tanks.
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 12:14 AM UTC
Hi Jacques,

Thanks for pointing that out. I heard there was something wrong with the turret but I didn't knew what. But it is to late for fixing that because the Y-62 is almost done now. I will take some pics very soon. I'll keep it in mind about the turret!!

Harrison:

You are absolutely right. I'm not clean builder so I often spend glue on a model. But this time I went out very good. I glued the whole turret en then I dipped it with a piece of scrotch bite.

Thanks,

Jurjen
 _GOTOTOP