_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Final painting
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 04:11 AM UTC
Okay the Su is about finished,need a little help on the final shoot what you all think I should shoot on last color wise put a little beige in maybe white different green.I will take any and all suggestions got some good ones from Chief Yesterday Thanks Chief. so check and let me know pics are in SU-76 Album Two
thanks
http://community.webshots.com/user/reef12

Addon only two pics are in Green used dark green Model Master
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Okay the Su is about finished,need a little help on the final shoot what you all think I should shoot on last color wise put a little beige in maybe white different green.I will take any and all suggestions got some good ones from Chief Yesterday Thanks Chief. so check and let me know pics are in SU-76 Album Two
thanks

Wow! Boy. that look so goood! Nice job.
DJ
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

thanks

Wow! Boy. that look so goood! Nice job.
DJ

thanks Colonel any suggestions on the paint I am open to all suggestions
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 07:26 PM UTC
Come on guys lets get some opinions here. Damn camera sucks only goes to 1600x1200 heck need to get another one but this one was $400 so the old lady don't want to spend another $600
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 08:43 PM UTC
Treefer,
Try using a natural background, like a forest scene etc. Shoot from below the vehicel for dramatic effect. Alsoi avoid using vibrant coloured backgrounds lie, red/orange/yellow/fuchsia etc. Pale blue is a safe bet. The best possible backdrops are those with a degaded finish. They are expensive and hard to find but well worth the buckolas invested. Here is an image with a natural background and another(albeit not great) of a degraded backdrop in use.

Jackology of the day

ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 08:56 PM UTC
Jack these models are great, nice shoot too!
You should show us more of your work, or are you hidden them for your delight only?
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 09:03 PM UTC
Thanks Paulo,

Most of them are in the Diorama album, but...... there are also some here http://groups.msn.com/armorama/captainjack.msnw

Jack be Flattered
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 10:09 PM UTC
Hey Jack!

I really love that dio (and I have the magazine it appeared in around here somewhere) and the photos are super. One thing, though -- did you ever fix the bogies on that Sherman?

Jeff: Super job on that Suka!
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 11:55 PM UTC
Yes Bob that was in fact one of those odd things in life...You pass so much time and effort and whammo in the best of intentions there is a simple over sight 5not so simple really) I'll post a picture with the corrected tracks. Thanks for the nice comments

Jack :-)
Tanks46
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 12:01 AM UTC
For SgtReef nice work. I can't offer any suggestions because I paint by hand all small scale, but I was impressed by the detail with your vehicle. I also get ideas for my own pieces from you beast modelers. Great job so far can't wait to see the finished product. Capt. Jack your dioramas were impressive to say the least from the detial to the photography. Since WWII is my favorite era I particularly liked Cold Steel with the King Tiger . It was my favorite along with the Morning After. Thanks for sharing. Great work from the both of you.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 12:11 AM UTC
Thank You 46,

It is nice to know that what we do sometimes help. Sharing with others is the greatest gift we can offer ourselves. Welcome aboard, I hope you will also be sharing your work, and look forward to seeing it.

Kind Regards,

sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2002 - 12:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank You 46,

It is nice to know that what we do sometimes help. Sharing with others is the greatest gift we can offer ourselves. Welcome aboard, I hope you will also be sharing your work, and look forward to seeing it.

Kind Regards,

Jack are you in Israel Now? Thanks for the heads up. Nice models Jacko. And welcome aboard 46. I am the low one on the pole here best I would say is Gunnie then tough for the rest of the order. They are all good.
ARMDCAV
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 115 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2002 - 06:18 AM UTC
Elephants. What a great dio. I gotta git me some of those in 1/35. Maybe pulling out a stuck sherman or truck? Again what a nice diorama, Keep em coming and thanks for the great ideas to.
 _GOTOTOP