_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1:144 Leopold Rail gun.
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 359 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 01:55 PM UTC
Hey all.

Right now i am working on my 1:144th scale Leopold, the one from Dragon's new line.I was wondering if anyone has built one and maybe get some tips.

Rob
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 08:24 AM UTC
anyone?
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 09:04 AM UTC
How is this kit? is it that soft plastic that dragon uses for 1/144 models? how about the barrel?
nfafan
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 09:32 AM UTC
Have seen the kit; the turned barrel and included PE make it a nice package, IMHO. I missed picking it up as I have the Hase 1/72nd Leo on the shelf gathering dust.

FWIW, if the Leopold plastic is like the gun barrels of the 1/144th Panzer Korps tank kits I built - then it will build up like any other kit.
(I'd doubt that it's made from the soft plastic of the P-K kit hulls - or worse: the rubbery vinyl of the P-K kit tracks.)

Just adjust your airbrush to a fine spray if doing the two-tone Leopold and have fun!

whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 09:52 AM UTC
Hey DRAGONSLAIN.

The figures are soft vynil but are molded really good with lots of detail. To paint the figs you should use enamel paints. the acrylics just flake off. The rest of the model is hard plastic with a little pe fret and an aluminum barrel. I can't compare it with any other barrel because it's my first aluminum barrel. The fit is a bit strange. the parts aren't numbered on the instruction sheet and the instructions are black and white pictures.the decals are pretty good. I'm almost done painting the gun. The figures are probably only 1 cm high with 1:72 like detail.
I just want to know how some people painted theres. maybe some pics.

Rob

Ciao
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 10:11 AM UTC
I do have the 1/35 scale leopold.i will start it soon when i get a bit more confidance.good luck with your mini leopold rail gun.cheers
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 10:19 AM UTC
Doyusha are also bringing out a 'Leopold' and a 'Karl' in 1/144. Has the world gone mad? Jim....
spectre
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 01:27 PM UTC
this will be the ultimate link between military modellers and the miniature railroad fanatics!
nfafan
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 03:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Doyusha are also bringing out a 'Leopold' and a 'Karl' in 1/144. Has the world gone mad? Jim....

1/144th is massively popular in the Far East. Ya gotta admit that for the price and size, one can have a nice collection.

I think that Doyushu and DML (and Hase) have a business relationship to release each others material. You'll see the Hasegawa logo on the Panzer Korps boxes and Doy has something to do with the pre-painted Can-Do tanks and figs.
Its possible that Trumpeter and Takara are the only ones operating alone in 1/144th.
Tommy_Guns
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 02:53 AM UTC
I personally like the 1:144 scale armour... got my Mauss in the gallery and just finished up an early Tiger and a Panther that I put Zimmeritt on... need to get a digicam so I can post some pics of them. They are quite nicely detailed. I have picked up one of the CanDo 1:144 tanks for the base and checked over the tank in comparison to the Dragon sets.... CanDo do not offer the detail the Dragon kits do-the PE are not present and the mould quality is not there.. the rear deck was warped badly on the CanDo I piecked up where as i have not found that on any of the Dragon 1:144 sets.

Just my two cents.
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
Hey Tommy guns.

That Maus is really good, But the bricks are way off scale for it.

Rob
 _GOTOTOP