_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Kirin 1/35 Zimmerit for Tiger 1 any good ??
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 11:35 PM UTC

Have any of you had any experience with this?

It is on Aussie ebay at the moment and I have always wanted to do a Tiger with a Zim coat.

If I get this I will then have to get a Tiger. Gawd how sick am I getting the AM stuff before the model?

Brian
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 05:00 AM UTC
Don,t bother with that kit ...The Turret is useless ..It is not molded the same thickness all around ...and the fit of the turret top is a fight to get it on ...The Zimmerit for the sides and front are thick and need alot of sanding to be used ..I'd keep my money if I were you .

Rick
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 10:52 PM UTC
Rick

Thanks for that info - more to spend elsewhere onebay!!

Brian
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 11:37 PM UTC
Well I don`t know much about the Kirin tiger 1 zimmerit and how bad it is or not but that doesn`t mean you can`t built your Tiger 1 with Zimmerit. I bought the Zimmerit from ATAK for my StuG III G from DML. even though I have to do some surgery to it as the ATAK zimmerit is actually for the really crappy Tamyia StuG it works like a dream. I would recommend it to everybody.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 07:12 AM UTC
I've used the Cavilier Zimmerit on one of my Tiger 2's and it was flawless. Bought a seneric sheet of the stuff real cheap and have cut it to shape for my second Tiger 2 (haven't started it yet.) Don't know how easy the stuff is to get overseas, but Cavalier is easy to find and order stateside.
 _GOTOTOP