_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger Russia
Kar98K
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 09:49 AM UTC
I have the Italeri Tiger 1 early and want to put it in russia. I want a grey one, but the kit doesn't give any reference to the grey russian ones. I want to know what numbers and type of marking i should put on it. I know i have to take off the air filters; anything else to make it a russian one.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 10:31 AM UTC
i'm not sure what your asking, mainly because you say "a russian one(tiger)"

marking wise, use the kit markings i guess. and for the paint, most German vehicles' basecoat was grey.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 10:33 AM UTC
I dont think theres much to change between a Dak Tiger and russian front Tiger.you know the air filters need to be left off but some tank crew left them on during the summer.you need to mount the bosch head lights to the top front of the Tiger .may need to change the exhaust covers,depends on the date, late 1942 had the square shape cover, early 1943 changed to the rounder covers.am not sure but you may need to replace the front and back mud guards. As for the markings 323 of the 503 battalion was a panzer grey Tiger plus 321 and the famous 332 all served on the russian front.hope this has helped.bye for now.and good to see your doing a Tiger got to love em.
hworth18
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 426 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 11:58 AM UTC
Here is a thread about Panzer pics and has some Early pics of Tigers in Russia.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=36006&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The site doesn't allow hotlinking so you'll have go to the site and look at the pics.. The particular Tiger pics I am looking at are on pages 1 and 6..
Note the Tiger I on page 1 has the filters still attached, but not hooked up..

Hope this helps..
nfafan
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 02:08 PM UTC
We talked about this here about a month ago. Search on "502", "Tiger 100", "Leningrad Tiger", or even my call sign, nfafan.

In a nutshell, the "Leningrad Tigers" of the 502nd had the narrow, roundish front fenders, no side fenders or track-cables, no feifels, no heat shields over the exhaust, no "exhaust stand-offs", "mirrored tracks, the rear-turret cargo bin varied from none at all to one from a PzIII, to side-turret mounted bins seen on Tiger 100.

Consider looking up the recent thread announcing Dragon's forthcoming "initial Tiger" - they are doing "Tiger 100" with the side bins.
 _GOTOTOP