_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
My Sherman - 1Vs10 Campaign
Neill
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,255 posts
Armorama: 485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 06:58 PM UTC
Quick Picture on my finshed Sherman.

John

210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 11:56 PM UTC
John-- tell me something about the colors you applied and how you replicated the camouflage net.
thanks
DJ
Neill
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

John-- tell me something about the colors you applied and how you replicated the camouflage net.
thanks DJ

The color is Tamyia Olive Drab with a few drops of Khaki added into the airbrush bottle before painting. I apply this over a flat black primer base. The flat black accentuate the overcoat and makes any spot I might miss disappear into the shadow.

I then ad various amounts of khaki, burnt umber, raw umber and white into my base olive drab color and dry brush the heck out of it. If I am using the model in a diorama I drybrush the base ground work color over the lower hull, suspension, etc. The final drybrush is almost pure white.

As for the next I use medical gauze, soak it in a solution of 50/50 white glue and water. I also add the base color for my net to the 50/50 solution. I apply this to the finish and painted model. Arrange and let dry. Then I drybrush various colors and highlights.

Hope that helps if not let me know what details you need and I will get back at you.

John
www.johnneill.com

Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 10:12 AM UTC
the weathering came out VERY nice, bravo.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 01:43 PM UTC
She looks well traveled.
Neill
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 05:20 PM UTC
Thanks all for your comments.

Quoted Text

She looks well traveled.

as every good Sherman should look.... used and well traveled...

John
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

thanks DJ

The color is Tamyia Olive Drab with a few drops of Khaki added into the airbrush bottle before painting. I apply this over a flat black primer base. The flat black accentuate the overcoat and makes any spot I might miss disappear into the shadow.

I then ad various amounts of khaki, burnt umber, raw umber and white into my base olive drab color and dry brush the heck out of it. If I am using the model in a diorama I drybrush the base ground work color over the lower hull, suspension, etc. The final drybrush is almost pure white.

As for the next I use medical gauze, soak it in a solution of 50/50 white glue and water. I also add the base color for my net to the 50/50 solution. I apply this to the finish and painted model. Arrange and let dry. Then I drybrush various colors and highlights.

Hope that helps if not let me know what details you need and I will get back at you.

John
www.johnneill.com

John-- appreciate your response. I am completing the DUKW and will try the cargo net in the cargo bay.
thanks again
DJ
Neill
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 09:14 PM UTC
[/quote]
John-- appreciate your response. I am completing the DUKW and will try the cargo net in the cargo bay.
thanks again
DJ[/quote]

Glad to help. Look forward to seeing your DUKW.

John
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 09:20 PM UTC
An excellent and very heavy weathering!

i have two comments (minor ones)

1. Maybe its the pic but the right track looks a bit too metal in the front.

2. the showel on the back part, you overbushed the metal on it, she can be heavy schratched thats true but with overall vehicle heavy dusting it wouldnt be very visible becouse of dirt or it would be rusty :-)

but, i sure do like its "100.000 miles behind me" look :-)

_GOTOTOP