_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Need someone to build kits for me
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 03:38 PM UTC
Hey Everybody!

I need someone in or around Missouri to build some armor kits for me. I will supply the kits and compensate you for your time and efforts.

I need someone who can build a kit fairly fast (1 week tops) , nothing fancy, just put together the kit.

I just dont have that much time to build them and the kits will be used to sculpt masters to fit the kits.

If this is something you would be interested in doing without charging an arm and a leg let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks in advance!
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 04:39 PM UTC
Hey Anders, i know that you looking for someone in the Missouri area, but if know one steps up i would be willing to help from sunny Buffalo NY :-) :-) :-). No really i would help. I dont have anything going on at this time and retired. I would be willing JUST to do it, you pay for postage. Let me know.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 08:57 PM UTC
i got u found the one to do the work . And he is a good one !!!
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 11:57 PM UTC
Anders, that sounds like a pretty good deal Joe is offering you, just charging postage. Most of the time a model can be shipped across the US for less then five dollars, unless you got a lot of resin in it, then the weight will cost more.

Joe should have some models for you to look at so you can see his work, I believe he does pretty good work, and doing it for shipping cost, now that is something I couldn't do. As a matter of fact he has a scratch Mortor in 1/16 scale he just posted, you can look at, plus a lot of other scratch building he done in the past, his scratch work really has impressed me.

Besides I'm way to slow for your time schdule. I believe His offer is something to think about. Take a look, and decide for yourself.

Kerry
thenoblehaus
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 115 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 01:15 AM UTC
If you need someone still checkout my website for the work I do. I appreciate your time and consideratioon.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 02:17 AM UTC
I too am interested...but I charge more than postage...sorry. Let me know if I can help out though.
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 07:21 AM UTC
Anders- I'm not exactly in Missouri, But I would also like to offer my services. You can contact me through my email addy: [email protected] or PM me here. Hope I can help!
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 08:20 AM UTC
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all your responses!

I have a few kits to get done, so more the one might be of help. But honestly, I will go as cheap as I can.

I am ready to hit the road right after I get off of here to go to a movie shoot with my horse, I will get back to you guys sunday or monday for sure.

I appreciate your intrest!

All the best and thanks again!!

Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 08:32 AM UTC
Anders,

I'm willing to help you out. I've got a few models I've built here in my gallery. I consider myself a fairly good model builder.

Have two pluses going for me. One is that I live in Yukon, (Texas county) Missouri. about 45 miles south if Rolla, 20 miles north of Cabol and about 100 east of Springfield. Tow is that I only work about 25 hours a week.
spectre
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 10:26 AM UTC
i'd gladly build. It's one of my favorite parts of making a model. I'd pay shipping (if it was reasonable- $3-5) and just tape an envelope of spare parts to it
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 07:24 PM UTC
Hey Guys!

Thanks again for all your offers! I have talked to Mother and we came up with a deal, since he was first I gave him priority and it has nothing to do with all of your building skills (it really dont matter as they will never be painted, just props).

Thanks again guys, very appreciated, great to see so many helpful folks here!
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 02:22 AM UTC
No sweat Anders. Feel free to call on me at any time in the future if necessary.
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 05:49 PM UTC
No problem. The way I look at it nothing to lose by offering. If in the future you need another or more help just drop me a line.
 _GOTOTOP