_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Reviewer urgently needed!
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 02:02 AM UTC
Among the batch of samples I received from MIG Productions is one that I would rather not review myself. It is a conversion set for Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf.H (35209) kit to build Ausf.F1 variant (http://www.migproductions.com/MP/products/35125/35125.htm). It contains a lot of (about 60) high quality resin parts, including new turret, comander's cupola, large sections of the hull and a lot of detail parts. It seems to be a great product and it really deserves:
a) in-box review by someone who knows the subject enough to not only describe parts (that's all what I am able to do, as I'm modern armor modeler...), but also comment on their accuracy and how they work with Tamiya model;
b) to be actually used! It would be nice to have this product featured also in full build review / feature article in the future.

So I need a volunteer reviewer with some knowledge of German WW2 armor, particularly Panzer IV variants. I think this person must have Tamiya 35209 kit in the stash (or be willing to buy one now) to prepare high quality review this set deserves. This would allow the person to discuss what changes this set introduces to kit parts, accuracy of these changes and possibly show the dry fit of resin parts to the kit parts.

I also expect that the person has a digital camera and will be able to take a number of photos, to make the review similar in style to my reviews. I think this is what Miguel Jimenez expected when he sent samples to me and I don't want to disappoint him.

I will cover shipping cost of the set world wide. In return I expect quick and thorough in-box review. I will choose the best (IMO) person for the job from all who volunteer.

I will also add three other 1/35 scale products for WW2 German armor from MIG Productions to be reviewed, but these are small things. One is a Pz.III / IV commander's cupola and it contains the same parts as these included in Panzer IV Ausf.F1 conversion set, so reviewing of this cupola set should be very easy after reviewing the F1 set. Other two sets are: German armor insignia dry transers set and Stug.III G zimmerit aplication tool.

Anyone?...

Pawel
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi Pawel,
You can read my mind?
I just wrote in a post last night that I was thinking of getting a PzrIV for the Ardennes Campaign...
I now a little bit about the Panzer IV's, I have the 'Tanks in Detail' book for the IV, and I have a Fuji S5000 to take the pics. I would like to do this one, unless a more worthy person steps in. I live in England.

Regards
Henk
rbleathers
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 02:55 AM UTC
Howdy Pawel,

I'm also interested in doing your buildup review. I'm a scratchbuilder and would like a shot at doing a review.

[email protected]
Regards,
Ray Leathers
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
Man I hate missing out on this one, but I've got too much money tied up in mine to not make it an "H". I hope soemone steps up and does a great job with this, I really look forward to seeing the final project. I've seen Miguel Jiminez's stuff and he is a master craftsman.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 09:01 AM UTC
I would be very willing to try this one Pawel. I'd like to be considered.

Vinnie
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 11:04 PM UTC
OK guys, you all seem to be equally good for the job, so I think I'll just ask Henk to prepare a review simply because he was the first to respond to my post.

Henk, could you please PM me your full snail mail addy?

Thanks everyone!

Pawel
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 01:50 AM UTC
Wow, To be picked for this is both a pleasure and daunting. I have to really excell myself as 'nice' will not be enough this time.. Chuffed to bits I am. (Que Oscars: I would like to thank... :-) )
I'm awaiting the postman with baited breath from now, and will be poping down the model shop tommorow aswel.
As soon as the box arrives I will do A 'Whats in the box' with pic's for you.

Cheers Pawel and Miguel

Henk
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 02:13 AM UTC

Great bits of Good Luck to you Henk!

We all have confidence in you, and know you'll do your very best. Even though I'm not big on German steel, I will be paying attention to your reveiw.

Now, on yer bike and get crackin!

Tread.
kglack56
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 03:01 AM UTC
wow, waytogo Henk ol' chap...

first come first served...early worm gets the bird...he who laughs last didn't get the joke the first time... the early sprue gets the glue...to tear is human, to repair divine...he who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from the next exit...

congrats and goodluck on the build and review...
 _GOTOTOP