_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pak 40 from Dragon
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 06:40 AM UTC
Hi, Due to some personal business, this is the first time I have had a chance to check into Armorama this week. H---, it's the first time I've been on this Infernal Machine since last Friday really! Oh well, nobody said life would be easy I suppose.

Anyway, this past week end I was lucky enough to pick up Dragon's new Pack 40 German AT gun at the local hobby store.

And what a beautiful little kit is is too! Very, very nice. Dragon is to be commended for doing such a fine job. Not only do you get the basic plastic gun kit itself, but also a 4 man crew to go with it, some PE, a turned aluminum barrel and 4 turned rounds of ammunition. Within the kit you get a choice of 3 different muzzle brakes, 3 different types of wheels, plus two sets of 'rubber' tires. One set worn, and one set new. And all I paid was a little under $16. Not bad, not bad at all. And their instructions even look pretty good. Think this will be a nice addition to add to their latest 3-in-1 halftrack kit, or any other of their recently released halftrack kits that they have come out with here in the last few months.

Thanks Dragon for a job well done.

Take care, Sgirty
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 07:42 AM UTC
Sgirty -

Sounds like a great kit, I'll have to look into that very soon. A lot of potential there and no doubt much better than the old Italeri kit I still have. Also sounds like a great candidate for the "Tank Terror" Campaign if you're not already signed up. Looking forward to seeing your work on it.

Blade48mrd
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 07:50 AM UTC
Hey, Sgirty, thanks for the preview!!! I'm sold already...Tamiya's Pak 40 is going to be the center of my Tank Terror Dio Campaign entry...Would be interesting to see the differences between the two finished kits...The Dragon kit will soon be gracing my bench, sir...

Gunny
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 08:55 AM UTC
The reviews on PMMS point out that DML got the length of the recoil slide wrong.
But DML says it has corrected this with the 251/22 releases.

I'm excited that they offer so much 'extra' with the kit, but I'd like to be sure that what I got in the box was accurate.

Don't get me wrong, I really like DML and am happy they are willing to go back the re-tool older and inaccurate kits, but I also wish my early release 251 3 in 1 kit had the newer "corrected " sprocket and roadwheels too...

Keep them coming DML, but take your time and get it right the first time. I'll wait , not patiently, but I'll wait.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP