For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Rubber block tracks
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Joined: February 10, 2002
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2002 - 08:46 AM UTC
I am planning to use individual link tracks (RHPS T-51) on my M-12 and was wondering if anyone knows if the tracks were simply solid blocks with bolts going through attaching to the guide horns or were they rubber blocks set in a metal pan with attaching points for the guide horns?
There is an M4A2 tank on display at one of the local armorys here. They didn't have solid blocks but had split solid blocks with guide horns in the centre. These were solid rubber with no metal base.
If anyone has any feedback i'd appreciate it.


Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Joined: December 27, 2001
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2002 - 10:12 AM UTC
Just like you asked Ron, these were solid rubber with bolts through them for connection to the guide horns. I believe the ole addage "A picture is worth a thousand words", so without furthure adue, here you go:


Scroll down and click away to see pics of them. Click pic for enlargement.
Hope this helps.