_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Ardennes 1944 dio.
Winston
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 02:57 AM UTC
Hello!

I am planning to do my first diorama, which is based just one nice exiting picture, that i found yesterday. The picture is taken in autumn 1944, and it includes muddy road, and about four german soldiers walking on it. There is also trees and bushes both sides of the road.

My problem is: how to make a muddy looking road?

Im kinda newcomer to this hobby ( I mean dioramas, painted warhammer figures about a year.), so please help!

PS: I didn't knew, that Armorama has this kind of forum. It's just fantastic!

Minuteman
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 03:23 PM UTC
Winston,

First of all welcome to Armorama, the topic of mud has been quite popular lately. Since I am not really good at posting links from older discussions but on the 24 Oct there was quite an extensive discussion about making mud.
You can also use the search function.

Good Luck
Jay
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 03:48 PM UTC
Take some plaster of paris, mix it with brown paint, rocks, twings, grass, or whatever you want. If you want it to look like its not dried than put some gloss varnish in it. Slopp it on your dio and put footprings, tank tracks, or whatever. By the way, welcome to the Big "A" it is truley a fantastic site and yes I also love the forums.
Winston
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 08:23 PM UTC
Thanks guys! I try to send some pictures, about different phases of building that diorama.

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 09:05 PM UTC
Hi Winston. Welcome to Armorama. Yes, this is an amazing site with lots of friendly and helpful people.

For your question, I'd suggest hit the search button and type in "mud", "how to make mud," etc. There are a lot of topics there.

I also heard, thought I haven't tried it yet, that painted spackle that is covered with gloss makes very nice mud.

Angela
 _GOTOTOP