Hosted by Darren Baker
RG 1/35 M34 21/2 ton truck and Jeep.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 06:24 PM UTC
The Revell Germany's 1/35 M34 duce and a half truck and Willys Jeep kit. I wonder why they combined a Viet nam era truck with a WW-2 Jeep ? Anyway, I just got this kit and was wondering just how good of a kit this is? I spent plenty of time in the M34 when I was in the Army. Sure brings back memories!

TIA,

Garry
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 07:23 PM UTC
If there was any kit that you'ld want them to pull out of the market. This would be one of them. I bought one in Germany a while back. I had good thoughts about this kit before I built them. Then I found out that it is much worse than the initial offering of the old Academy kits.

If you check the jeep. The tools (picks and shovel) are moulded into the body. Don't let me tell you about the front grill.

I doubt if you could improve it with some aftermarket parts. The trucks wheels, OMG! The doors are attached to massive hinges.

You'ld have been better off buying the AFV club M35A1. now that one is a beauty.

highway70
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 08:29 PM UTC

The are reissues of old Monogram kits from the 1960's perhaps even late 50's.

The line consited of:

M34 Truck
Jeep w 37mm gun
US Halftrack
Patton Tank
Infrantry figure set.

They were marketed as 1/32 scale. I first built them in 1968 while stationed at Fort Bliss Texas. They were old kits then.

SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 535 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 03:38 PM UTC
Well crap I just ordered this kit thinking cool a deal two for one ... well I guess I could give it to my kid or sell it on eBay. To bad my company doesn't have a Christmas party or I'd have my gift bought.

Guess it will end up as battle damage in a diorama.

Goes back if it sounds to good to be true it likely is.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2004 - 04:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well crap I just ordered this kit thinking cool a deal two for one ... well I guess I could give it to my kid or sell it on eBay. To bad my company doesn't have a Christmas party or I'd have my gift bought.

Guess it will end up as battle damage in a diorama.

Goes back if it sounds to good to be true it likely is.

Don't despair Gary, you can use the truck kit to practices some scratch building and kit bashing. http://community.webshots.com/album/80731012nCtwOJ
The tractor and the truck on the trailer along with the trailer were all made using the truck kit with mods.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2004 - 04:53 AM UTC
Highway70's correct. These kits are old Monogram kits from the late 50s. Decent for their time, but have been passed by. I used parts from the M34 but gave the Jeep to my daughter to build.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2004 - 04:59 AM UTC
Highway - some additions to your Revell list -

Flakpanzer IV, M3 H/T, Panzer IV, Weasel(?) My memory may be playing tricks with the M3... The scale of these was 1/32nd although there were some anomalies. I get the feeling I have missed one or two...Jim
 _GOTOTOP