Hosted by Darren Baker
pinkie help needed
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 355 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 07:24 PM UTC
right now i'm working on the tamiya pink panther problem is i can't find any color photos or walk-arounds of any pinkies even restored ones .what i'm really after are close ups particularly the dashboard so if someone can help me out i would really appreciate it.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:37 AM UTC
Just in case you haven't seen this link in other recent posts, here it is....
http://www.militaryrover.34sp.com/gallery011a.html
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:43 AM UTC
That is the most comprehensive walk around I've seen. Great stuff.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 12:22 PM UTC
Thanks for posting the URL Bob. It will come in real handy.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 06:25 AM UTC
You're all very welcome. I'm sure the vehicle on this particular website is a restored version that makes the rounds of the 'let's-get -together-and-show-off-our-military-vehicles' meets. I'm having a hard time believing that SAS pinkies where painted THAT shade of pink, but you never know. I couldn't do that to my model of the pinkie (see my photo gallery) so I made my own shade from Tamiya white, a lttle red and a litlle buff and used it instead. In certain lighting condiditons, the color that I used shifts to a lighter or darker shade of pink so I guess the indended effect is reasonably accurate - isn't that what camo is supposed to do?

In one of my other posts in the forum, I mentioned that I worked for 6 months with a Canadian oil company in Yemen back in '93 and I'm sure I saw an old pinkie in a scrap yard on the outskirts of the city of Aden. The whole area was a British protectorate up until the mid '60s so it could have been a junked pinkie that I saw. I didn't realize the possible significance at the time and I don't have any pictures, but I recollect the pink used was a little different that the restored version (faded and abused maybe?). I could be completely wrong so it would be nice to see a 'period' color photo of a pinkie but the SAS was and still is a liitle shy about photos so such a thing may not exist. Anybody.....?
 _GOTOTOP