_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon's new PaK 40 AT gun
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 07:58 AM UTC
Hi, just posted some photos in my gallery of this beautiful little kit. Great model! Does look a little 'naked' without any wash, or drybrushing, but that will come here in a day or so after the Dullcote cures out. And either I'm getting a tad bit better at this hobby, or the model gods decided to smile down from on high, because I didn't lose one single part on it. (Knock on wood.) A great little investment. Thnaks Dragon.

Take care, Sgirty
seyahmit
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 08:19 AM UTC
Looks great Sgirty! How was the construction?
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 01:07 AM UTC
Hi, seyahmit: Construction is basically simple and really great. One problem I found was that the half-moon connection on parts B-51 and -52, that connect up to the half-moon parts of B-26 and -27 are molded on the same side, so they will not slide into each other when put together. But to correct this I took my hobby knife and rounded out one side of this half-moon on one of the part(s) a little and then took an appropriate sized drill bit and rounded them out the rest of the way. Then it all went together with no big problem. Now I don't know if this particular kit was just this way and others have been corrected later or not. But it is something to be aware of here.

I tried weathering it last night an have almost ruined it. Putting way too much of the wash on it. Am going to let this dry completely for a couple of days and see if I can correct it by just giving it a slight 'dusting' of the base color to tone it down a tad bit.

Guess this is what happens when you get into a rush trying to do things when they should basically be left alone till you have time to think and concentrate on the job at hand. But this is something that is my fault and not the kit's.

If I had to come up with one thing that is a real draw back, at least to me personally, is that some of the parts are really, REALLY small on this kit, esp. after having been working with the 1/16 scale T-34s for the last few months. So one has to be really careful. I do plan to pick up another one of these kits here and paint it in the German Yellow color. It's that nice of a kit, and I'm finding it hard just to do one. Ha, ha!. And for $15 you can't really beat it either.

Good luck and take care, Sgirty
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 03:42 AM UTC
C'mon Sqirty - don't hide your Pak 40 under a bushel... Jim :-)

sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 03:55 AM UTC
Hi, Will have to plead 'electronic ignorance' on this one, as I never did take the time to figure out how to post them anywhere except in the gallery section. Ha, ha!

Take care, Sgirty
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 04:34 AM UTC
hi sgirty. what a nice kit this pak 40 is,
u did a nice job on it.
 _GOTOTOP