Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Legends M48A3 Vietnam Sandbag Armor Set
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 01:57 AM UTC
I picked up this set designed for the old Esci M48A3 Patton tank. This kit has been reissued by Italeri. I'm glad I found something to dress up this old kit.

The set includes the typical light cream colored resin parts. They all look nicely molded and well detailed. No problems with any of the pieces I received.

The main sandbag armor is broken into three interlocking parts that cover the circumference of the turret. A new resin bustle rack filled with rucksacks, ammo cans, 5 gallon cans and track blocks round out the turret pieces.

The kit also includes a resin searchlight and an M2HB machine gun to mount above the cupola. The .50 cal also includes an ammo can.

The rest of the set includes additional storage items such as 5 spare track blocks, four 90mm ammo crates, six 7.62mm ammo cans, 3 rucksacks, two 5 gallon cans, a couple of duffle bags and sleeping rolls.

The set is item number LF7204 and has been out for a while but I hadn't seen any information on it other than it being listed on several sites. Mine cost $12.95 at the local hobby shop but I received a 20% discount so it ran me about $10. Recommended for someone who wants to build a 1/72 scale Vietnam era Patton tank.
philp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 122 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 06:40 PM UTC
That Looks nice.
Now, if someone would come out with a wheel set for this kit so I don't have to rob a set from the new Revell M60A3.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:05 AM UTC
well thats surely a nice set to have. Now if i only had the M48.... :-)
 _GOTOTOP