_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Armored Car
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 08:20 AM UTC
Just got the new Hunnicutt book "Armored Car". Just took a quick look through and it looks good. Saw some stuff that would make some good conversion projects. I'd recommend it to all you wheel guys. :-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 08:39 AM UTC
Got mine last night too Salt6 - some might juicy wheeled AFV's in this book! How's about Canada's LAV III - Kodiak. That thing looks mean!

Gunnie
M4Nut
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 09:43 AM UTC
Yea, I just got home and found it waiting for me. Took a quick glance thru it and was surprised to see M-3 scout cars and the 3/4 ton truck with 37mm in the book. Will sit down in a few minutes and realy look thru it.
Eric
brno465
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 02:33 PM UTC
On the subject of books, I've just brought " The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armoured Fighting Vehicles" by Christopher F. Foss, and altjough I have only had an hour or so to flick thru it, I'm fairly impressed. This sort of general reference for AFV's is not easy to find in your average bookstore in Oz, so although it cost $70Au, and I'm broke , I just had to get it ( sorry kids, baked beans for tea tonight :-) ).
544 Pages on all sorts of tanks and armoured cars of all eras, it's a very comprehensive reference.
 _GOTOTOP