_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
New again, need help researching techniques
gladwell
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 04:01 PM UTC
I'm interested in weathering techniques, what order to build/paint, etc. In the past (10 years ago) I painted everything then glued it together. I wasn't doing military models, just cars and the like.

Now, I want the most detail I can put into it. Do you guys put things together then spray it? What kind of spray gun do you use?

I never did any sort of weathering or intricate detail work. What would you suggest I read or websites to visit in order to get me started?

SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 535 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 04:18 PM UTC
Start reading this site and search the forums, resoures, features, and the like if you can not find the answer here or at least a link to it. Then no one has figured it out yet. There is a wealth of knowledge here.
gladwell
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 04:19 PM UTC
Thanks SSgt1shot, I plan on camping out here tomorrow at work...
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 05:29 PM UTC
Hey Gladwell, first i like to say Welcome to Armorama. Nice to see this site grow. Ok now to your questine, Me, I like to clean up the model first ,sanding, filling washing you know the drill. I try to build most of it first (for painting) and sometimes you run into a problum that you cant just glue on parts yet. So what i do is i use Elmers white glue just to hold the parts on till my painting is done, when finnished pull them off and continue on to do the detail work. Be careful as the parts break of easy and don't use to much of the white glue. If you have a problum getting the glue off, use a q-tip wetten not soaked to wip away ( warm) , after the paint has dryed of course. Like Dave had said, look around the fourms. I'm sure you'll get many more answers than this. Once again a Big Welcome. Oh, if you do a search on "weathing" here you get many answers. The search button is in the very top right corner
 _GOTOTOP