_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Bunkers
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 07:01 PM UTC
I bought some 1/72 pill-boxes and bunkers made by a Spanish company called Alhambra Models on ebay last winter. I've heard that they went out of business a while ago, and was wondering if anyone had bought their molds and re-started production, or knew where I could get any more of their packs? Heavy artillery positions with instepped overhead roof bomb protection?
I have ideas for a Normandy bunker complex with plasti-struct rod and celuclay for damaged sections---OP bunker and flank MG bunkers.
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 792 posts
Armorama: 314 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 07:54 PM UTC
Blue Bear ,

Take a look at his site, it sells a whole lot of 1/72 items including bunkers and accesoires...

good luck

Eric

http://www.tracks-n-troops.com/index.htm
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 04:34 AM UTC
The site Eric's referring to has some great things. When I look at these, however, I can't imagine why you don't try to build these yourself. With some balsa wood and celluclay this can't be all that difficult. Look at some of these examples to get inspired, then draw the ground surface of your bunker complex on a large sheet of paper (e.g. the back side of an old poster). Next, you start cutting pieces of balsa the size of your bunker, and build them layer by layer. Make the stairs, etc... When finished, coat the balsa with a thin layer of celluclay, plaster or another product to avoid that your bunker looks like wood when you painted it. Then you add details like pieces of rusted steel and beams, broken pieces of wall (celluclay), lightning deflector wire, etc... Finally primer and paint. Weather. Count the money you've saved and buy a superb gun, a set of soldiers, and other stuff with that !
Of course, if you want to take things easier, the collection Eric suggests looks splendid !

To make your mouth water, here's a few examples !

armyfiremn
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 02:23 PM UTC
great web site but does anyone know what the exchange rate is between dollars and euros?
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 05:32 PM UTC
Hi ArmyFireman,

US Dollar and Euro are more or less even 1 $ = 1 €.
 _GOTOTOP