Hosted by Darren Baker
My first truck
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC
This is a first for me, never did a military truck. While looking at Animal's guntrucks i was bitten by the truck bug. So i picked up the phone and ordered a few different trucks. Now i know you see the mold release marks and i did clean up the whole kit execpt for the bottom of cab and bed. I just wanted to try a rust effect..real rust also a first time. Anyhow it's ARV's M35A2 - 2 1/2 ton truck. Painted w/ Tamiyas NATO colors. Well i have some more work to do and when it's finnished i'll show it off. Hey Animal
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 06:34 AM UTC
For the first truck it's darned good start. I guess the rust is a wash of red/brown paint - works well.
I look forward to seeing it completed.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
OK! Now we have a convert here. Looking good Joe. The NATO color looks good from what I can see. I wouldn't worry about the pin marks on the under carriage. Once the wheels are installed you won't see them anyways. The axles and running gear is usually painted in the OD color. but with the rust and grime it will be hard to tell also. Looking forward to seeing some more progress photos.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
Hey Dave Thanks, no..no paint for the rust. I soaked a piece of steel wool in a bowl of water for 2 weeks. Once it evaporated it left behind a bowl of rust powder. To use, i dipped my brush just in water and applyed it as i was doing a wash then dipped the brush into the powdered rust and applyed it to the water, once it dryed i used a q-tip to blend.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC
looking good Mother. I am glad you decided to join us
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 10:08 AM UTC
great work Joseph.glad to see you are also infected with the truck virus..same here and counting down to start a zis-5 built.
congrats for the built.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 12:26 PM UTC
Thanks Cliff and Engin. I took off the bed and repainted the axles the color of the frame. should have it done by tomorrow. Vodnik posted a manual on US camo patterns which i downloaded and followed.
 _GOTOTOP