_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Article: Water FX
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 02:50 AM UTC
Friends,

I ran into this article that Dana wrote. I don't hope this has been posted before. Very nice article on doing water effects.

Water effects
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 09:44 AM UTC
Excellent site and feature, thanks Danny!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 09:07 PM UTC
Way to go Danny,put it my favorites
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 09:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Way to go Danny,put it my favorites

The article makes me feel guilty a bit though....

The other day we had comments on sharing knowledge, tips 'n tricks while earning a living with modeling. I told Dana he had a lovely site and wondered were the tips 'n tricks where.... Dana gave his point of view on the matter. It was pro's and cons on the "sharing while earning" part.

Now, when I read this "water article" and admire the way he shares his knowledge with the rest of the world, I start thinking that maybe I was wrong, or at least was a bit hard on him in my comments. Therefore I'm going to appologize to Dana in that previous post.

Reading the article urged me to share it with my friends at ArmoramA. It's a perfect article showing the work of a true artist !
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 12:02 AM UTC
Danny, I saw it earlier in some other topic. I read it and thought I had lost this great article forever! Good thing you found it, I havenīt seen as good water how-to article as this before or after. I strongly doubt anyone can top that!
Reading the article also reveals several technical things that are impossible to come up without a vast experience (and lot of failed attempts!). Also the result looks over-the-top.
More, more, we want more!

Toni
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 01:18 AM UTC
Thx for pointing it outas well Danny! Excellent article. Dana is indeed, as I've told him before, a very talented man.
The article is well written, and well presented.

Tread.

Makes me want to try my hand at water! I'll just have to try and screw up the courage first.
 _GOTOTOP