_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
New Features for Moderators!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 02:50 PM UTC
The moderators are now armed with the power to move topics from one forum (in their area) to another. This will make it easier to keep the topics in the correct area rather than deleting them (we don't do that usually) or me having to go into the database (a pain).

Moderators - please use your best judgement on this. I want to try to keep the Modeling Forums free of non-modeling related posts.

I will also be adding the ability to edit forum topic names. As soon as I figure out how to secure the page so that only moderators can do it.

These tools do NOT mean that everyone should take less time to place a topic correctly or come up with a good title. It just means if you do screw up we can fix it more easily.

Thanks,
Jim
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 03:08 AM UTC
Jim, don´t you think it could be "dangerous" I mean, when we try to move some topic we delete it?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 03:56 AM UTC
Paulo,
Not really possible the way it's set up. I have used it quite a bit last night and moved about 20 topics. No problems encountered.

Now the renaming process can get a little weird if you leave it blank. I may need to address that problem with an error message just in case.

Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 03:58 AM UTC
By the way I did notice a bug for me when I am in the Junk Drawer. The moderator functions don't show up when they clearly should. Rob and Joe - Is this working for you either? I would guess not.

I'll try to fix this and the remaining issue with the topic rename function tonight.

Jim
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 04:46 AM UTC
Oooooooooo. All those features make me want to be a moderator......

In case this is construed as a frivolous post, I think I'm around here enough that I could do the job if you're in need of anyone, Jim.

Nic
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 06:18 AM UTC
Ok...I think it's all working as planned now. I didn't fix that bug in the Junk Drawer forum as it was the only forum doing that and when I removed Rob and Yodaman from the forum as moderators it works normally. Must be something about YM's ears?

I am sure they won't mind not having that forum to worry about anyways. I am going to be taking a more active roll in moderating it from this point forward.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 06:27 AM UTC
Scratch that. It's not fixed. My fix seems to have made the other forums where there are more than 2 moderators fail too. Uggg...back to the drawing board.

Jim
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hmm.. It's not working. I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough! These new 'powers' will be like getting a new lightsaber! :-) :-) :-)

...hee hee....

Quoted Text

something about YM's ears?

...Uhh nooo.... For 900 years have my ears been like this, and never before have they interfered with holonet operations...

...heh heh....

#:-)

YodaMan
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 10:14 PM UTC

Is it useful to move non-English 'junk" posts to the junk drawer ? Would it not be better to leave them untouched ?

Of course, non-English posts are more on-topical, but that is because of our serious nature

Jan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 10:40 PM UTC
Jan,
You are correct sir. Leave the non-English posts where they are.

Did you move to Nepal on us??

Jim
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 03:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did you move to Nepal on us??
Jim

Jim,

I deeply regret having to send you such off-topic reply , but since you ask... here's the full story :

After paying so much taxes for so many years, my revolting nature got fed up with the black-yellow-red flag. It does not go well with the friendly colors of my new avatar that replaced Commander Bully (where is he now ? integrated in the avatar pool ? ). So I wrote a letter to the Royal Palace asking if they could think of something with blues and pinks or something. While at it, I suggested they come up with another shape. I mean EVERYBODY has those rectangular shaped flags these days.

I suggested they look into the Nepalese flag, just to get some inspiration. They must have liked it so much that next thing, our government decided to send 5500 Belgian machine guns to Nepal, from our FN factories. Since I did not ask for such gesture, I cannot be blamed that this caused one Belgian minister to resign .

Anyway, awaiting the return letter of the Royal Family with new proposals for a Belgian flag, I'm sure They won't mind if I use the Nepalese colors just for the time being. Like that, the Armorama people can already get used to our change of tones. (maybe we should think of a new national Anthem while I think of it. Something a bit less pompous. Something catchy, that gets you humming along and tapping your feet as soon as you hear it. I'll write them a letter straigth away, so they can start working on that as soon as the flag's done.

I have somthing in mind, but... ( how do I include a .wav sound in my Armorama posts ?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 11:08 PM UTC
Jan,
Good to know that our European brothers get fed up with taxes too!

Cool gun. Looks like it's straight out of the movie Aliens.

Good luck with the flag redesign. I have to admit it seems there are too many 3 bar flags out there. Blame the French!

Cheers,
Jim
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 01:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cool gun. Looks like it's straight out of the movie Aliens.
Jim

Here's some more fine Belgian products you'll like :

They are all on the website of FN (see link above).

Or did you think we only produce beer, chocolates and Tintin funnies ?
Jan
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 06:39 PM UTC
Jan,

Welcome to the diaspora, the wandering tribe of misplaced souls. People in search of Nirvanah on earth, or a quiet corner in which to mediatate. If all roads lead to Rome do all posts lead to Armorama.com? Anyway life is always more interesting on the far side. Pick up your pack and follw along! I lived in Nepal a few weeks ago, here on the site, I actually lived there a few years ago, nice place to visit, Pokhara, trekking, ah those were the days.......

Jack London
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 06:16 AM UTC
Jim, I just noticed that since you changed the "Junk Drawer" to 'The Mess Tent', Rob and I are no longer moderators in that forum.
Maybe the name change 'misplaced' our authority?

That's all I've got to say about that. (really! )

YodaMan
 _GOTOTOP