_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Suggestions: Book on Brit WW2 Armoured Cars
patrix1
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 03:58 PM UTC
Hi all.

I am looking for "the best" book that is out there on British Armoured Cars of WW II. It must have tons of info and pics on the HUGE variety of armoured cars the British used; An encyclopedia-type book would fit the bill. The more vehicles covered in the book the better. I am looking for quality AND quantity.

So,basically, if you could only pick one book, which one would it be?

DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 07:47 PM UTC
If you ever find one Patrick, be sure to let me know - I've been looking for a book on this subject for years!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 11:13 PM UTC
I'm with Dave on this one - British Armoured Cars of WWII by Hunnicutt would fit the bill admirably,however it doesn't actually exist so therefore some alternatives have to be found...

A introduction would undoubtedly be the old Profile series, they covered virtually all the British A/Cs in small booklets. They can still be found in specialized military bookshops...

Another source (more readily available) of photographic reference, are the two Concord books on British Armour in NW Europe which have some really useful pics...Jim
patrix1
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2004 - 04:16 PM UTC
Thanks for the input gents. I didn't think there was anything, but I figured I'd try anyway.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 05:56 PM UTC
Patrick, although one book would be great, I believe in consulting various sources as information often differs or new information comes to light. I realise that books are expensive and the missus doesn't always understand why you need so many books essencially about the same subject :-), so you have to be picky about what you buy.
I have recently been made aware of the Crowood Press. They have a wonder full range of military history books. Click here for the link
 _GOTOTOP