_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Campaign awards
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 09:59 AM UTC
I'm one of those guys who have been in a bunch of campaigns and probably will have a ton more when the dust finally settles on my carcass. As it stands now, only one is shown on our posting profiles and 2 on the main profiles. Is there any way we could increase this number. I'm working on my 8th campaign and I know there are a ton of others who have as many or more. So far I've completed::

Cold War Cook-off, Abrams, Unsung Sisters, Incoming, Move out, Bucket Bonanza, Remember Korea, We also did one for the Arizona that I don't think made it to campaign status. I'm in the middle of the Dive-Dive-Dive now. It isn't so much ego, I just think it kinda recognises those of us who are real heavy participants in the club
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 10:14 AM UTC
Don't really understand your question. Many of your campaigns you listed are not yet completed so no awards have been issued. I see awards for Cold War Cook Off, Abrams ID. Missing are Incoming and Unsung Sisters.

If you are missing awards you think you should have received then you need to go back to the campaign leaders.

If you are asking if more than 2 awards can be displayed then answer is yes because I have 4 in my profile.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
I've got more in my profile than next to my name. I don't get any more satisfaction having extra doodads next to my name. I just like to participate in the builds.

I guess it is kind of like my uniform, other than rank and jump wings, all my awards remain hidden in the closet.

Unsung sisters died on the vine and there was no campaign ribbon. Bucket Bonanza won't be issued until the campaign is completed. Believe me, it is easier to give awards to all members at the same time than it would be to add it to one or two guys who complete them prior to the end date.

I've finished two Move It builds and and Around the World build and have not received awards for them yet. Besides, the campaign leader can't award the medal until after the campaign is over. Trust me, I've been the campaign leader twice already.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
Blaster76 are you sure you are submitting your entries properly? I just cruised through the Incoming Galleries and didn't see your entries. I do see you have pics in your personal gallery.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 11:19 AM UTC
Plus award ribbons/medals are only given when the campaign leader submits a graphic for it and then pesters me to add it to the database. Then when the campaign is complete they have access to grant awards to those who completed the campaign.

Jim
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've got more in my profile than next to my name. I don't get any more satisfaction having extra doodads next to my name. I just like to participate in the builds.

Ahh twere that true, then we'd never have those participation ribbons they handed out back in grade school or the scout badges etc.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to show others that you have completed a campaign, heck i have started a few and finished squat

But Steve, do give the guys here some time to process the campaigns. They are hard working people who also have lives outside the site (I think) and sometimes real life does get in the way.

Keep up the great work Rob, Jim et all, and keep participating in those campaigns everyone!

Happy New Year, Michael

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:50 PM UTC
WELL THANKS GUYS, I GOT MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED WITH EVERYONE'S HELP...I THOUGH I HAD SUBMITTED MY ENTRY FOR THE INCOMING AND MOVE OUT CAMPAIGN PROPERLY, BUT APPARENTLY NOT...I'VE DONE IT RIGHT FOR THE BUCKET BONANZA AND KOREA HOPEFULLY SO IF THERE ARE RIBBONS HANDED OUT THEN IT WILL APPEAR IN MY PROFILE

ROB, MY DAD WAS THE SAME WAY....HE WAS A DOCTOR AND NEVER WORE ANY DECORATION SAVE ONE...HIS CIB FROM WW2
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:58 PM UTC
STEVE!

what cha yelling about?

Jim
Sabot
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:17 AM UTC
Jim, did you get the sci-fi badge I sent you for Around the World? That one ends in two weeks.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
Rob,
I will try to remember to look for that when I get home from work. I think I did.

I have a bunch of campaign ribbons to add.

Jim
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 03:56 AM UTC
Blaster76 I do not know what campaign you refer to when you say Move Out. If it is Move It then that campaign is not yet complete and you can still submit to the Move It gallery.

Sabot
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 05:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ahh twere that true, then we'd never have those participation ribbons they handed out back in grade school or the scout badges etc.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to show others that you have completed a campaign, heck i have started a few and finished squat

But Steve, do give the guys here some time to process the campaigns. They are hard working people who also have lives outside the site (I think) and sometimes real life does get in the way.

Keep up the great work Rob, Jim et all, and keep participating in those campaigns everyone!

Happy New Year, Michael

Actually, I've participated in a couple of group builds that were unofficial and as such, no campaign ribbons were issued. One was a UK/Commonwealth build, the other a sci-fi build. I participate to have fun, not for the ribbons or recognition. Plus I also participated in three theme builds from my IPMS and AMPS clubs. Again, no awards or public recognition given.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 05:39 AM UTC
I think I am short a couple, too. But if it wasn't for the campaigns here I probably would not get anything at all finished. So, the campaigns are well worth it to me whether I get the ribbon or not. Closest IPMS chapters are 2 hours away from me so this is the only modeling club I have.
The campaigns are the only opportunities I have to do anything like this.

Shaun
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 10:44 AM UTC
Jim, I sent you two emails with the awards for the T2K 2003 and 2004 and one with the award for the Heavy hauler campaign.
 _GOTOTOP