_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tracks for a Tamiya Tiger
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 09:15 PM UTC
Good Morning Folks: Well it seems it I have No Luck when it comes to Tiger Tanks
Here I am Just about to wrap work on my Tamiya Tiger Tank, Kit # 35056, And I am attempting to glue them together before using a heated Flat Screwdriver to finish. BUT it seem no matter what I do or how long I hold the stupid things, "Nothing is working" Talk about a effort in FRUSTRATION and I finally came top the conclusion that it's a lost cause, SO if anyone has any sparre tracks for a 35 scale Tiger-1 Sd. Kfz.181 Ausf-E. It would be GREATLY appreciated if you would contact me

DAGGER-1
Pieter
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 141 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 09:41 PM UTC
Hey Dagger,

try this before you give up. Get you some black thread, and tie the ends together. Also before you do this make sure you have the tracks on the tank, that way the thread will not come untied. You can Hide the thread with some weathering. If this will be on a dio, you can really hide it. I use this alot on my tanks that way I can save the fustration for other projects. :-)

Hope this helps... Happy modeling.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 09:42 PM UTC
Glue? Just heat the tip of an old X-Acto blade and melt the extensions. Or am I not understanding the problem. Some of the old tracks did not respond well to glue and that may be your problem.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 10:35 PM UTC
Sorry Guys, I was a little busy this morning, ANYWAY, It appears that these treads are the type that do not take too well to Glue, Which is what I was attempting to temporarily
hold it with until I could solidify it with the heated flat head screw driver. I did not think of the thread trick. I remember seeing someone mention that here before. BUT I was so frustrated yesterday that I forgot about that. Sooo I may go back and try that next.. Short of actually ordering a new set of them from Tamiya.. We'll see. Sop thanks for the feed back guys.

DAGGER-1
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 01:37 AM UTC
Hi!
You can also use some staples instead of the black tread, the problem is they become more noticiable than the black treads.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 12:21 AM UTC
I solved the problem by ordering a set of Academy Tiger I indy links from Roll Models. They weren't expensive at all. Just waiting for them to arrive, will let you know how they are.
erthdogg
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 02:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good Morning Folks: Well it seems it I have No Luck when it comes to Tiger Tanks
Here I am Just about to wrap work on my Tamiya Tiger Tank, Kit # 35056, And I am attempting to glue them together before using a heated Flat Screwdriver to finish. BUT it seem no matter what I do or how long I hold the stupid things, "Nothing is working" Talk about a effort in FRUSTRATION and I finally came top the conclusion that it's a lost cause, SO if anyone has any sparre tracks for a 35 scale Tiger-1 Sd. Kfz.181 Ausf-E. It would be GREATLY appreciated if you would contact me
Yo I only use fruil or MK..so I have spare rubberbands if'n u need em
DAGGER-1

:-)
erthdogg
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 02:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DAGGER-1

:-)
 _GOTOTOP