_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
R/C Tamiya Leopard 2 A5
Beginner
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 11:45 PM UTC
As you can tell from my name, I am a beginner modeller and am new to this forum

I was planning on getting the Tamiya Leopard 2 A6 1/16 R/C since it looked so cool....until I saw the price tag. Anywho, I see that its a difficult model to build anyway, so I'm deciding to go for the Tamiya R/C Leopard 2 A5 1/35.
Is the model hard to build?
Does anyone else own this model?
What control over the tank do you actually have?
Does the suspension move or is it stiff?
Last but not least, what are the actual differences between this model, and the non-RC Tamiya Leopard 2 A5?

Thanks for your time and help. :-)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/48204leopard/leopard.htm
schrauber
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 44 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 08:26 AM UTC
hi, ask your question on www.rcpanzer.de ,there are a lot of owener´s of the Leo2A6 from tamiya. I have allready build two of thes models, only the gearbox is a litel difficult to build. the importand thing is that you build exactly what is standing in the manual - step by step ..... only the track adjuster is in the original version not verry good, but there you can by a better one made from metal ... here the adress : www.afv-model.com

sorry for my bad english

regards from bavaria

axel
Beginner
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 11:16 AM UTC
Haha, sorry but I can't read/speak german, but thanks for replying anyway

What's the track adjuster? Is that just the track itself?
schrauber
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 10:25 PM UTC
there is a special thread on rcpanzer.de : " english spoken area " there you can post your question in english and you get the answers in english !

the track adjuster, hmm how can I tell you the special .... normal you have only 2. positions to adjust your track, and this is sometime to long or sometime to short for the track. the new track adjuster has ~ 10. positions to adjust the track ....

regards axel
Beginner
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 11:51 PM UTC
Ah, so does the track adjuster just adjust the length of the track by creating a longer distance for it to run on?

I cant regiester on the rcpanzer.de site Getting a 404 error.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 12:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ah, so does the track adjuster just adjust the length of the track by creating a longer distance for it to run on?

Not quite, the lenght of the track is fixed, by the no. of links. The track adjuster adjustst the tension of the track, ie the amount of sag, by moving the idler wheel back and forth.

Cheers
Henk
Beginner
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 12:06 PM UTC
So is the track adjuster in the kit plastic?
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 172 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 02:15 PM UTC
if its the same as with my pershing. its all metal. The pershing i have has three settings for the tension. i have it on its lowest setting and it works fine.

that is quite a whopper of a price tag on that thing. my pershing has cost me quite a bit so far. to give you an idea.

purchased the pershing for 540.00usd.
the controller was another 120.00usd.
the battery charger was 99.00usd
the battery pack was 9.99usd
paint is unknown, too much. the primer was the same unknown.
the battlesystem. 99.00usd

thats so far give a take for supplys around 867.99usd for this thing. with the leopard 2 being 999.00usd plus the additional costs of paint and supplys, plus the battery pack, charger, and controller. man thats alot to sink into it. but go for it if you have the means. The sherman is much easyer on the pocket especialy amongst begining modeling. from what i heard it has plenty of room inside for the electronics. and generaly much easyer to construct. the pershing is a great kit too. but lacks much room for the electronics. with the lepoard having quite a few more bells and whistles built into it. its gonna be a challenge.

dont buy directly from tamyia, they tend to charge more than what you can get the kit for at a local hobby store.

and finaly after writing all this. lol i re read the first post and then realize your talking about the 1/35th. lol

if you really want a 1/16th, very cool because there big. go for the sherman. less costs.
schrauber
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 10:23 PM UTC
in the Leo2A6 kit is the track adjuster made from plastik ! and you have only to position to adjust the track. the other kit is made from metal (messing) and you have a lot of positions more to adjust the track in a perfekt lengh
you can order a Leo direktly from hong kong, price ~ 600 dollar

regards axel
Armorlover
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 05:00 AM UTC
All of those Leopard items are available at Backyard Armor.

www.backyardarmor.com

Thanks!
Armorlover
 _GOTOTOP