Hosted by Darren Baker
german house
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:02 AM UTC
First post to site, I'm trying to scratch a German building the Carlos Elias way. This is fun and easy, far from complete but I see endless possibilities. No more plaster ruins for me, Carlos is my new mentor. My wife thinks I'm nuts because I now hang out in craft stores with the little old ladies. Pics are in member galleries-I think.
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:19 AM UTC
Hey Cheyenne,
First of all, welcome to the forum! Secondly, the pictures did come out and they look really great. You did a wonderful job on the fascade. Now, to see it in painted and in a dio!
Ciao for now
Rob
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:27 AM UTC
Looks very good so far, I also like the figure in the doorway, the way the coat blows in the wind. What company is that?
Here's one of the pic's

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:28 AM UTC
looks great, realy love it, cant wait to see it finished!

Frank
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:38 AM UTC
Thanks Rob, but it may be awhile for paint etc. The pics don't show it but this is to be a complete three story building. I'm thinking a beer hall on a river, complete with a beer garden terrace type patio thingie overlooking the river, but yes I plan on showing progress photos throughout the build. Once again thanks Rob, and thanks Carlos for the inspiration.
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:56 AM UTC
Thanks Henk. The figure is a Coree German Officer sculpted by Jeong Ho Seo bought many, many years ago. It's a shame Coree isn't around anymore. I have many of their figures. I especially like their German motorcycle dudes. Thanks again.
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 10:00 AM UTC
Oops, forgot to ask Henk or anyone how the heck did you get my photo to appear in the form site? I'm totally computer defunct. I can't even program my VCR. Posting the pics that you've seen on this site took forever to figure out.
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 10:20 AM UTC
Hi Cheyenne,
I´m happy that my messajes are usseful for you, this is my will. If you need some advice please give me a touch. Your work is very promissing. I hope see soon more pics
best regards
Carlos
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 10:35 AM UTC
cheyenne,

To post your pic's in a post, go to your gallery, click on the pic you want to post, wait for the next screen with that picture enlarged, scroll down to the 'title' bar just below. There's a 'Copy' button next to that, on the right. Click that (to copy the relevant details), go back to your post and just paste it in.

Cheers
Henk
Verboten
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 07:54 AM UTC
I really like that officer in the doorway!! The building is also very nice, I like the panelling, I assume you used balsa wood?
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 12:46 PM UTC
Hello Gunther, yes thats balsa wood and cork on foam board. I planned on doing more construction this weekend and posting more building pics but my job is getting in the way. Had to work today and will be working Sunday. Its ok tho its overtime pay, sometimes being a lineman stinks. I'm trying right now to load the Coree pics but it says the site is busy or down. My money is on me being the problem. Thanks for checking out my work, go to my member gallery for the Coree pics.
hemble
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 01:09 PM UTC
Hi cheyenne
Welcome aboard I'm only new here also and found that the guys are really helpful.

Mate the building is comming along great and the use of cork for the foundation is a really nice touch I can't wait to see it painted and placed on a dio.

Ron
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 01:29 PM UTC
Thanks Ron, but after what I just did to my pics in my member gallery I'm feelin mighty stupid. I'm Polish,Irish,Swedish and German, my dad says the Polish and Irish are the best combo because I'm to dumb to know I've had to much to drink.Thanks for the comments, time to hit the frig and the frosties.
 _GOTOTOP