_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
A dream becomes nightmare - Bad T34-76 kit!!
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 08:41 PM UTC
I got a Maquette T34 Stalingrad Production

and since i heard good things about their T34's i was very happy!

but... inspection when i oppened the box showed nice detailing, some flash to clean but usual for maquette kits since this is not my first.

than i started assembly and BOOM, step 1 is to cut 7mm of the hull? that was the point i realised that they did, they took sprues from 3 (or 4?) diferent kits of their 34's and placed them in the box,hull is from T-34-85... wheels from a regular T-34 (all-steel wheels) some other equipement ftom a third set...

So complete hull must be cutt off, shortened, MG place also need to be cut off and replaced...same for the frong wheel (which is also wrong, has 12 holes instead of 5), so i spent 5 days of work on this things...

It took me over 30 hours of work, i tube of putty, 4 icecrream sticks and plenty of my nerves to assemble just the hull, now i need to do smaller details and sand off some more before i even think of painting!

i guess other kits are good, since the parts from same sprues fitted pretty much nicely (for eastern kits) but this box is to be avoided at any cost!!!

Im gonna finish it becouse im stubborn moron but i wouldnt recomend it to anyone...

Some pics will be posted tomorow in this topic.

Mirko
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 08:45 PM UTC
well make patience my brother. Modelling is not that easy always . I have experienced also bad kits and the last one is the T35 i have been fighting over many weeks now.
So keep on and the salvation will come finally !!

Costas
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 09:03 PM UTC
LOL :-) :-) Your crazy Mirko I would have just given up on it.
Good luck with it!!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 09:05 PM UTC
As Costas has said take it easy here with this oen and I am sure you will come out with a fine model:D Cheers Kevin
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 09:15 PM UTC
The hard ones is what makes us better modellers....Mirko.....
Look on the bright side.... "used 4 ice cream sticks"..... hopefully there was Ice Cream on them to begin with..... :-) :-) :-) Knowing your work, looking forward to seeing this one finished and posted.
 _GOTOTOP