_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Traffic!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 12:45 PM UTC
I have to say that we are entering a new level of activity on the site lately. We normally do around 400-500 posts daily and lately we have exceeded 700. Simple math says 700 x 365 = 255,500 which is about 70% of the 350,000 posts we have done in 3 years.

Also I noted on our log reports the site has already done somewhere in the neighborhood of 100gb in file transfer this month. At this rate that would be a 50% increase over norms.

A special thanks to everyone who makes this site work. And especially our advertisers and the A-Guard which pay for it!

As an aside to that... please remember that if you see or hear about a new kit or item, then are talking to a vendor or buying it, to mention that you heard about it on Armorama.

Thanks,
Jim
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:41 PM UTC
Jim, it might be useful to dangle these kind of numbers in front of your current and potential advertisers. This is impressive.

Congrats.

Steve
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 02:07 PM UTC
this is looking good. Thanks to all those folk that make this sort of thing happen.

Roo

PS> and of course the one and only staff Jim for making it happen in the first place
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 02:23 PM UTC
You remember that old cheesey movie line, "Build it and they will come"? Well, Jim has succeeded in building the friendliest, most informative, and just down right helpful site on the entire internet. My hat is off to Jim and all of the staff guys.

Patrick
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 09:36 AM UTC
Although work has kept me from visiting as much as I used to do, Armorama is STILL the only site that I visit on any regular basis... it is the best, and the people behind it are what makeit that way.

Jim - I just can't imagine how you can't find a way to make this your fulltime occupation!

And I also wish you'd consider coming to work for us at HP... your web work is as good as any we do for $230 per hour!

Congrats!

KFMagee
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 10:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim - I just can't imagine how you can't find a way to make this your fulltime occupation!

And I also wish you'd consider coming to work for us at HP... your web work is as good as any we do for $230 per hour!

Congrats!

KFMagee

Keith,
Of course I would consider it.

For $230 an hour I can probably get the family to move to Siberia.

Thanks for the compliment!

Jim
Hoovie
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 505 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
what?
The link does not show here you came from in
the cookie?
I just bought the Patton truck at Skybow that I saw