_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
my first war diorama
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 280 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 12:41 PM UTC
hi all! at last ive finished my first ever try in a war diorama it is a scene in one of the streets in east prussia during the first days of the german advance. i used a panther 2 tank by shanghai dragon and dragon figures yes, panther 2, i know that this tank was never used in combat , but what the hek, im just trying to have some fun here... listening to advices of fellow modellers here and as one of them suggested, i entitled it....
"The cat that never scratched" hehehe.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/crismags2002/lst?.dir=/prussian+advance&.view=t
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 12:49 PM UTC
Man, I am so impressed with your speed as wellas the fine result, great stuff!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 02:31 PM UTC
And I'm going to be seeing this baby "in the flesh" tomorrow at the IPMS-Philippines exhibit! Woohoo! Great job, p're! I'll be grilling you for tips!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 08:26 PM UTC
Nice looking job crismag,another Mig is born. That Panther 2 looked like it used Tiger tracks? At least to these eyes but heck only on 4 cup of coffee

Ps I found a set of Russian signs that I bought about 12 years ago in colorado. from the DCS comapny I have used a few but could scan and send. Not in russian but eastern front
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 08:47 PM UTC
Good job, I like the level of detail you put in. I am impressed that this is your first war dio.

Keep up the good work - and as you seem to do - keep it fun.
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2002 - 09:32 AM UTC
thank you all guys for your kind comments. the track links came with the dragon kit, its the link that you attach 1 by 1 consisting of 3 parts, which by the way gave me a whole lot of headache anyway, im pretty glad with the result and im itching to make my next one now. By the way, i entered this dio in the IPMS philippines here. i submitted it last night at the venue...wish me luck :-)
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 04:09 AM UTC
i just look great for the first one and it looks big. since when are you warking at it?
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 04:23 AM UTC
Awesome job, crismag!
For some reason I missed this before. This is a great piece of work, especially to be your first war dio. You have a good touch with the colour palette, a thing that could be seen in your rally scenes before! To my eye the overall greyness and the figures blending in the street scene is just beautiful. Composition works well, you have handled all the action and put it in a nice package!
Did you scratchbuild the building ruins? Touch-up of the concrete is VERY realistic!

More of this, please!

:-)

Toni
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 07:59 AM UTC
thanks guys for you kind comments yes i think the photos at yahoo are so small... yes Jim, ill be submitting the high quality photos here to be posted, and maybe an article? about the walls, it is scratched built, and the ruin walls are modified to have texture, even my cobblestone road and sidewalks are scratchbuilt anyway, most of the elements i used for the scenery is either scratch built of modified. maybe ill be explaining the details when i submit an article about the dio. again thanks all! WAIT! i entered this dio in the IPMS Philippines contest....wish me luck
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 12:04 AM UTC
Outstanding!

It's hard to believe this is your first combat dio. I love how you've handled the "clutter" -- many dios just don't have enough.

Again, hats off for a great dio!
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 09:54 AM UTC
hey guys just submitted large resolution images here for the gallery so you could see the details of the dio clearly coz the images at yahoo photos are really too small.

cheers!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 10:05 AM UTC
Hi Cris! Did you get photos of the event? The models were placed inside glass cases so flash photography was out of the question.

Correct me if I'm wrong: did you use the Panther's inside road wheels for the destroyed tank? My girlfriend was speechless when she saw your diorama, especially when I told her you did that in less than a month
Josenhans
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 46 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 10:14 AM UTC
Good job, can't wait to see your next one.
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 10:18 AM UTC
i was not able to take photos of the event yet, maybe this sunday yes i used all the spare parts of my panther for my destroyed tank the burnt out tank chasis is made out of a thick sheet of alumunum foil maybe we could meet this sunday, dont you think?
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 10:36 AM UTC
I'm sorry we couldn't be there last saturday .
We have to go to Harrison early this Sunday before the other modellers start pulling out their models I didn't know that there are a lot of talents here. Some of the entries are at par with what we usually see on the 'Net. I was blown away by the dio of an F-14A refuelling from a KA-6.
I already have a tentative list of projects for next year's contest I've coerced my gf to join with her collection of 1/144 planes.
 _GOTOTOP