Engineer Btn TO&E ?
K9-MP
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 07:52 AM UTC
This might not be the right place to ask but Animal has been a big help before

I'm trying to locate a list, or get an idea as to what an Armored Engineer Btn 6x6 might have for equipment or gear for cargo if it was Apr-May 1945, and they were fixin to cross the Danube.

Thanks,
Chris
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 09:43 AM UTC
I have some pics of GMC 6X6's with bridgeing loads in one of my GMC albums in Roo's Truck archives in the gallery.

I will also look up my other reference stuff here at home and post anything I thing would help you.

Cheers
Cliff

PS> if it involves truckseven if they belong to an armored unit this is the right forum.
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 01:19 PM UTC
I did a "google" on "armored engineer battalion" and got quite a few hits with some description but few pictures, but I did find this particular source which may be of help ...

http://stonebooks.com/archives/030921.shtml

John
K9-MP
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 10:26 AM UTC
thanks you guys...that link was quite interesting. I am going to have to rethink what is going into the back because I was so into building this thing that I failed to plan ahead and put the benches in. This means less large stuff and more individual soldier items.

My very vague plan was to try to enter something into the VE-Day campaign but as this is only the second kit I have built in close to 30 years, I may be bitting off a bit to much.

Anyways, thanks for your help! (now to go read up on "weathering" for the 4th time)

chris
 _GOTOTOP