_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Something to be proud of..... Armorama
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 02:56 PM UTC
Ola People

maybe this is old news and am I telling people stuff they already know.

Well I just came stepping out of the bar and wanted to look what was new on Armorama and I typed Armorama in the wrong place... I typed it in the search box of my Search engine (A9) and was transferred to a page with numerous hits concerning armorama. And on the second hit there was an article from PRweb and guess what the story was about??.... That`s right Armorama.
The article is about the successes that Armorama achieved in a short time and the feeling of the community spirit. The Article even mentions the accident that happened to Costas and how that was solved. BEing only a small contributor, In all honoustly, the article made me laugh with a tear in the eye realising I`m a little part in this whole machine. For me this is another confirmation of the work Jim and many others beside me have done to make this my second home and the place I check first before doing other things.. And Maybe Jim already told this and am I still telling old Stuff but regardless of that I want to thank Jim as I did numerous time before for making this terrific site and give a home to the people that seeked a good site to share the hobby. The Article gave me the warm feeling of happiness.

For the people who don`t know the article I don`t really know when the article was published I think a month ago. but could be wrong on that.:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/12/prweb181633.htm

Thanks Jim

bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 576 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 03:04 PM UTC
That is really cool!! *tear*, *sniffle, sniffle* Chokes me up too!

Congrats to everybody who makes it possible!

garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 03:57 PM UTC
That is totaly awesome! This is the first I have heard about this story, tears indeed ! What a honor to be a part of it all. And thank you Jim for carrying the ball!

Congrats Armorama !

Garry
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 04:34 PM UTC
That's the 3rd Anniversary PR release that Jim did up......
Hoovie
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 505 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 05:05 PM UTC
Yes~
thanks for sharing!!!
Ron

Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 11:18 AM UTC
Great article. The sense of community, the article refer to, is exactly why I chose Armorama. I love this place.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 06:19 PM UTC
Being a modeller , u can always try and check also other sites ok ? Every day , but everyday , and thats discussed with many fellow modellers , i have to say that i feel MORE THAN PROUD to be an ARMORAMA MEMBER. There is no other site with the family feeling that Armorama has. Many of us say that Armorama is our second home. Well believe it gentlemen and ladies . It is.
Thats why in introductions welcoming new members i alwasy write to them "WELCOME TO THE FAMILY "

LONG LIVE ARMORAMA
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 09:41 PM UTC
I've got nothing to add :-)

Armorama!!!!!!!!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 09:52 PM UTC
I agree in general with the sentiments expressed here, however I would like to inject a note of reality.

As this site is constantly evolving, and there is a lot of work to do yet, perhaps we could think about the future of the site and how WE want it to evolve.

There are still too many people who feel they can't participate or who feel that their work isn't good enough to show on the site. There are also a large number of people who have the valuable skills which are desperately needed to bring the site forward...

Yes, things are going well, it's the future that counts though... Jim
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 11:05 PM UTC
Jim is very right. I agree Armorama is something we are proud of but there are so many things to do to feel more pride and to keep the existing pride.
We need to work more as the site grows.not only the staff members but all Armorama members...so I invite everyone to take a look to Submissions page. Some guidelines are added there to make things easier.
Besides I always wondered why we have too many visitors on the FRONT GATE ,why they dont register ? just a few easy clicks and you are a part of FAMILY.
Bestest regards

P.S: I felt to explain I can not see FRONT GATE now.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 02:48 AM UTC
Well done Jim and everyone involved. I dont contribute as much as others but i still love it here great site great people.I imagine its in the pipe line but more for the young modellers is a must if they dont get interested the hobby will die i think we must encourage them.
 _GOTOTOP