_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
my panther II finished
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 280 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2002 - 08:46 PM UTC
hi all! at last ive finished my first ever try in a war diorama it is a scene in one of the streets in east prussia during the first days of the german advance. i used a panther 2 tank by shanghai dragon and dragon figures yes, panther 2, i know that this tank was never used in combat , but what the hek, im just trying to have some fun here... listening to advices of fellow modellers here and as one of them suggested, i entitled it....
"The cat that never scratched" hehehe.

linkname
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2002 - 09:06 PM UTC
Looks good Yahoo photos don't do it justice. To small
Enjoy the day
Pieter
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 141 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2002 - 11:26 PM UTC
Looks good, I also think the yahoopictures are a little bit to small. But anyway looks good.Thank you for sharing
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 12:03 AM UTC
Cris,
I agree with Jeff. It looks awesome!! If you have larger resolution images send them to [email protected] and I will put them up on the site.

Cheers,
Jim
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 12:28 AM UTC
Crismag--You are extraordinarily talented. As with your rally dios, I am in awe at the scenery you have made here. The weathering and battle damage on the tank is also very well done. If there is one criticism I can make it is that you have some men going in different directions. It's generally a good idea to focus all the figures' attention in one direction, unless there is a clear reason that they would be doing otherwise. I'm refering mainly to the man with the panzerfaust in your dio. Other than that, which is pretty minor, I absolutely love it, even if the tank never existed

Nic
Weezul
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 151 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 01:15 AM UTC
Extraordinary, keep up the good work.
SGT_Fubar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 168 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 01:40 AM UTC
Looks great! Can I as what you used for the vines on the damaged building. It's hard to see in the photos but they look like someting I have been trying to accomplish on a dio of mine. Thanks jeff
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 07:52 AM UTC
thanks guys for you kind comments yes i think the photos at yahoo are so small... yes Jim, ill be submitting the high quality photos here to be posted, and maybe an article? about the soldier i placed facing the opposite direction behind the tank... well i placed it that way to show a soldier checking out the rear if someone is sneaking in hehehe, i guess it didnt convey the reason? anyway, most of the elements i used for the scenery is either scratch built of modified. maybe ill be explaining the details when i submit the article. again thanks all! WAIT! i entered this dio in the IPMS Philippines contest....wish me luck
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 09:43 AM UTC
hey guys! i just sent the hires images here for the gallery now you can see the details of the dio coz the pics at yahoo are too small!
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 07:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

about the soldier i placed facing the opposite direction behind the tank... well i placed it that way to show a soldier checking out the rear if someone is sneaking in hehehe, i guess it didnt convey the reason? i entered this dio in the IPMS Philippines contest....wish me luck

I was going to post this morning that I liked the effect of the soldier standing rear guard, showing the difficulty of fighting w armor in built up areas. Isn't this how the Chechans -sp?- plinked a bunch of Russian tanks in the latest fighting..

Good luck in the contest.

I'd also love to see bigger pics.

Mike
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 09:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was going to post this morning that I liked the effect of the soldier standing rear guard, showing the difficulty of fighting w armor in built up areas. Isn't this how the Chechans -sp?- plinked a bunch of Russian tanks in the latest fighting..

thanks mike now i have one on my side :-) (just kiddin nik )
 _GOTOTOP