_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Softskins
Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
NEWS
  Two New Softskins From Accurate Armour...
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC
As I rarely have any ''truck'' news, this one is linked especially for this forum. The story concerns the two new truck releases from Accurate Armour. For lovers of unarmored vehicles, these two models are truly spectacular...Enjoy!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 07:10 AM UTC
they are releaseing some very nice vehicles of late. Just a pity I have to sell my soul to get the ones I want from their list :-)

cheers
Cliff
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 07:12 AM UTC
The NFS vehicle definitely gets my pulses racing. I couldn't believe it when I saw the images - wonderful!..Jim
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
Jim, buddy, stop torturing us with these mouth watering photos. I'm not saying I'd have to sell my soul to get one of those, but I can forget about being married, or having a love life every again.

:-)
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 602 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 09:40 AM UTC
Wow nice kits.

Out of my price range though.

jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 01:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim, buddy, stop torturing us with these mouth watering photos. I'm not saying I'd have to sell my soul to get one of those, but I can forget about being married, or having a love life every again.

:-)

Solve two problems at once ....

Sell your wife's soul ....

Just a thought ....
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 01:16 AM UTC
I don't know what happens, but on these pictures Jim has been posting, when I go to zoom in, the zoom picture is the same size as the regular picture, so I never do get a better look at them.

Now when the other people post these pictures, when I hit the zoom, it gives me a way bigger picture, then I can see a little clearer of what it looks like. Is this just happening to me, or is anybody else noticing this when Jim posts pictures.

I'm sorry to single you out Jim, but I need to know if I'm doing something wrong, or I need to do something else to see the bigger picture, cause I would like to look at that engine in full view on that one truck.
Kerry
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 01:28 AM UTC
Hmm.. The images come from the AA website. They publish 5 photos, 4 thumbnails, and 1 large one. Short of running all the images through photoshop (with a degradation of quality) I really can't see a solution...

Others publish their images in a (VERY) large format. Due to the time involved in uploading the images, I have to spend time reducing these - the worst 'offenders' are DML who put everything in a huge format.

As a lot of the news stories are fairly 'time sensitive' I prefer to get the stories up without spending hours reformatting. AA pictures are small - they are there for guidance alone. The large picture they put is a good general image.

As I think we are providing an excellent service as far as news is concerned, I fail to see what the complaint is frankly.....Jim
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 06:09 AM UTC
Thanks very much for keeping us up to date on these Jim, as I'm a big fan of AAs stuff - now where can I get a cheap second mortgage (or a new regular commission customer as my last has been called to the colours).
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:11 AM UTC
OK Jim, I'm sorry about that, I had no idea it took longer to post the zoom picture bigger, like you said it is great to get the news, cause if it was left up to me it never would get done, I barely have time, that I can even look at everything, just go through a few forums, so I'm glad you do have the time to post them, so we have the news.

Now that I know it takes longer to post the zoom pictures bigger. I'm amazed to where you find the time in the first place, so I won't mention it again, please accept my apologies.
Kerry
 _GOTOTOP