_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Surveys on Armorama
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 03:45 AM UTC

Hi,

I'd like to know if the information that is gathered in the surveys is used for anything specific.

Do the results get sent to advertisers, etc?

Just curious to know what happens after I click that mouse.

Steve
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 04:37 AM UTC
Steve,
Lol...nice avatar to go with that question. Well since the results of all our past surveys are visable to all then of course they can see them. But, no information is kept that ties your vote to your username and info in the database. It only checks to see that you have not voted before (or in that 24hrs...can't remember which at this moment).

Primarily the surveys are just to satisfy the curiosity of the group about topics that interest them.

I have used information (country of origin) in the media kit for the site. This just lets potential advertisers know they would be hitting the demographic they want. If you have concerns about privacy or our guarantees about not divulging personal info please see the Privacy Statement at the bottom of any page.

Cheers,
Jim
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 04:11 AM UTC

Jim,

Sorry if you got the idea that I was worried about what happens to my personal info. Actually, I'm not too worried if anyone know I don't like to apply decals!!

But, I hope you are able to share them with any manufactures or advertisers. Might help us all to get new products or services!

Steve
 _GOTOTOP