_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
After market track for the M1?
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 11:42 AM UTC

Need a set of tracks for my M1. Dang thing came with rubber band tracks and it's from Tamiya.

Steve
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 11:47 AM UTC
AFV Club makes a set.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 11:52 AM UTC
Also, "Armour Track Models" makes two types for the M1. Both sets of which also come with resin idlers and spockets.
Kit # 02

Kit # 03
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 11:52 AM UTC
That'd be the AFV Club kit #3512, M1A1/A2 "Bigfoot" tracks. They are workable and nicely done.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 07:03 PM UTC
I have them and they are nice you will like these tracks
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 07:50 PM UTC
Which ones Jeff?
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 08:41 PM UTC
Anyone order from www.greatmodels.com?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 08:49 PM UTC
Many, many times. There's talk about them in some places being real slow but, I've always gotten quick service from them.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 09:26 PM UTC
Ken,

Thanks for the quick reply! I just gave them a try.
Sabot
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 10:09 PM UTC
A caveat to Ken's recommendation: they are quick if they have it on hand. If not, they will "look" for the item via distributers. The backorder thing can kill you, especially with additional shipping charges. If you're like me and place semi-large orders, and then a few items are unavailable, then it may not be worth the cheaper price if they have to ship your order in parts.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 02:07 PM UTC
The tracks arrived today 9/14. Pretty good if you ask me.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 08:58 AM UTC
Checked my card today and the charges didn't add up. Two charges, one for the kit ok good, and another for I guess shipping. The two still didn't add up to the invoice. Emailed them and it seems the invoice isn't really and invoice. It's an estimate. Any business that I've done business with the invoice IS the final cost. So be advised when you buy from them that your shipping charge could be more than your expect.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 09:32 AM UTC
Wow! I would not accept nor would I allow that!!
Did they answer you email inquiree? Is that the BS they gave you...it was an estimate?!
Every time I've done business with them, the invoice was the total amount I paid. I would see the total due while online, before okaying the deal. Hruummppphhh!
Sorry, but that really burns me. That is really uncool if that is what they did. Are you sure the amount they charged you is more than what they estimated??? ??
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Checked my card today and the charges didn't add up. Two charges, one for the kit ok good, and another for I guess shipping. The two still didn't add up to the invoice. Emailed them and it seems the invoice isn't really and invoice. It's an estimate. Any business that I've done business with the invoice IS the final cost. So be advised when you buy from them that your shipping charge could be more than your expect.

This has happened to me a couple of times too many Steve - I no longer order from GM.com because of this "oddity". I've even seen phantom charges against my credit card - little ones like $3.95 and such when I've ordered nothing, and have been waiting for the next Harvest Moon for a backorder to come in. Got tired of that really quick!

Gunnie
Sabot
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 09:44 AM UTC
That's why my #1 choice for online purchases is Squadron. You may pay an extra nickel for a slightly higher price, but the shipping costs are set in stone and based on your total purchase amount. Plus the supplement usually gives me a baseline price for how much something should cost if I see it in a store. Although it is not worth ordering if you only buy one or two inexpensive items. Shipping costs get prohibitive for a buy of less than $20.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 10:42 AM UTC
Yeah, that's the BS they sent in a reply to my email. "Shipping is an estimate." It wouldn't have bother me to pay more as they were the only one to have the M1 track but to send an invoice then up the shipping later is not the right way to do business.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 07:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Which ones Jeff?

3512 set Ken sorry should of checked sooner (:-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 07:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's why my #1 choice for online purchases is Squadron. You may pay an extra nickel for a slightly higher price, but the shipping costs are set in stone and based on your total purchase amount. Plus the supplement usually gives me a baseline price for how much something should cost if I see it in a store. Although it is not worth ordering if you only buy one or two inexpensive items. Shipping costs get prohibitive for a buy of less than $20.

Right on Rob and GM sucks waited for 3 months to get one set of panther tracks from Fruil plus other stuff they had in but said they were going to wait until tracks came said about 2 weeks I said okay I changed card number and out of the clear blue I get an email saying the card was declined I said yes it was don't need them nomore after 3 months place is a joke
(:-)

Ps I have waited anywhere from 2 to 3 months to get stuff even when I called them on the phone and they told me stuff would go out today wait and wait call again said oh sorry but your other stuff we are waiting on it to come in so we can send it all at once give me a break will you they also have the nasty thing of not answering emails for awhile
Got two words for them I bet you can guess what they are and it ain't happy birthday

I would pay two dollars more just not to do bussiness with them
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 07:53 PM UTC
I've had their wonderful shipping estimate problem hit me, but thankfully the shipping has turned out to be less every time. I agree with all that is said here about them. I only go through them if they have the item in stock and I can't find it elsewhere. It is a shame that they use back-asswards business practices because they do have a really great web-site and they have a huge inventory.
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 01:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Emailed them and it seems the invoice isn't really and invoice. It's an estimate.

I have ordered from them 3-4 times. I will have to go back and check if I got hit by this. I just figure when the say shipping is a certain amount, thats what is will be. I guess I should pay more attention. The thing that turned me off from them is the had a bunch of books that seemed to be a low price so I ordered a bunch of them. They called me and said they where about to ship them out but the total was over $300 instead of the original $100. I told them they can ship it to me for the original price or keep it. The kept the stuff and where somewhat rude about me not wanting to pay over 3 times what I was quoted. haven't ordered from them sence. There are so many great places to order from out there I personaly decided to not go through the hassles for a buck or 2. This shipping thing puts the final nail in that coffin.

By the way, do you guys hate weeding through all the stuff that is OOP teasing you only to find out you can't get it. . Now I just wait until I can spend $100 and pay no shipping from squadron. Someone else mentioned another place the shipped for free if you order over $100, which place was that? Or are there a few of them?
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 09:40 PM UTC
Maybe you should contact the Utah better business Beuro if your having problems with the shipping rates and "estmates" that they give for items. I'm sure that there has to be some sort of rules about this.

salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 09:15 AM UTC
Making progress on the M1G. Got the tracks assembled and on only took a cople of hours taking my time.

Anyone got a pic of the aux gen mounted in the hull in place of one of the fuel cells?
Sabot
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 09:20 AM UTC
Look around for specs on the M1A2 SEP, it's inside the hull, left rear space above the tracks.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 09:24 AM UTC
Thanks Rob,

Really just need toknow wht it looks like on the outside.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2002 - 03:13 AM UTC
Got one from JOHN C oover at ML. Check out the texture on the deck. :-)

_GOTOTOP