_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Flora & Fauna
Trees, shrubs, nature and animals.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Spring flowers for my dio, where or how..
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 04:47 PM UTC
I have 'finished' this vignette, but I want to add some small early spring flowers, like snowbells ( I think that's what they are called). I have added the snow on the small part on the left, just a bit of the left over snow after the spring thaw has started, but I can't upload my latest pic's right now. MSN has trown a wobbely and wont let me sign in.. or in 'my Ebay either, but that is a different story..
I just want to add some flowers as they would really finish the scene, and would also make the time setting clear to the viewer. So the question is, where could I buy something like that, or does anybody know a smart way of scratch building some.

Cheers
Henk
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 04:52 PM UTC
might want to ask jackhammer81, his mid. carp. dio had excelent floral detail in it. as for the rest, the dio looks awsome
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 04:54 PM UTC
Hi Henk, Im not sure exactly what a snow bell is but if you go to a flower shop or a craft store many dried flowers can be found for you to use. My favorites are candytuft and also babysbreath. Also remember if you find a flower thats not quite the right color you can paint or dye them. If you have any further questions feel free to pm me. cheers Kevin

Edit: Shain thanks for the mention I see you beat me to it!!!
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 04:56 PM UTC
Thanks Shain, I knew I'd seen something, but could not remember what or buy who'm.. I'll look for his post with the dio..

Cheers
Henk
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 05:01 PM UTC
Thank you Kevin, It's a hard job trying to keep ahead of people when the post this quick.... . That's why I don't join chat rooms, by the time I've typed a reply the conversation will have moved into next week, or everybody's gone to sleep.... :-) :-) :-)

Thanks for the tips, I'll see what my local florist can do.

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP