Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M275A2 final stages
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 11:00 AM UTC
I have been able to get a lot done today on this truck. I have most of the rear area scratch built as well as finished the cab area.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 11:10 AM UTC
Hi Animal, you scratchbuilders never size to amaze me... I think you are converting a kit that was already build?..I like it and will keep an eye on this one. I tell you something, I wish I had a unit like this for my job, collecting milk down the farms.........

Cheers
Henk
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 11:24 AM UTC
lookin' good Dave
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 01:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Animal, you scratch builders never size to amaze me... I think you are converting a kit that was already build?..I like it and will keep an eye on this one. I tell you something, I wish I had a unit like this for my job, collecting milk down the farms.........

Cheers
Henk

Actually this is a complete new build. I paint parts as I go. I hope to have it done in a day or two, so that I can start on the trailer.

Quoted Text

looking' good Dave

Thanks Cliff.
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 02:58 PM UTC
Have you got some elves in your workshop ??
No human knocks out that much so quickly !!!!
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 03:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Some of us have suspected this.......... But we're still looking for the actual proof!!!
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 04:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Some of us have suspected this.......... But we're still looking for the actual proof!!!

Heh heh heh...
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 04:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Naw, he doesn't need elves. Though... ...something else he doesn't need is a life. Without one, believe me, you can get a heck of a lot done.

Jeff
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 11:22 PM UTC
Dave, this is the first I notice brake, and clutch peddles like that, sticking up, did they come with the kit, or did you make them yourself. Usually they are molded to the floor, on most models, and this improves the looks a lot.

I never did like the peddles flush to the floor, and been looking for ways to change them. The only thing it is knowing whether they came from under the dash like most do now, or out of the floor like they used to.

But looking at that will help on a couple of mine, so you have helped me. Thank you
Kerry
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 05:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave, this is the first I notice brake, and clutch peddles like that, sticking up, did they come with the kit, or did you make them yourself. Usually they are molded to the floor, on most models, and this improves the looks a lot.

I never did like the peddles flush to the floor, and been looking for ways to change them. The only thing it is knowing whether they came from under the dash like most do now, or out of the floor like they used to.

But looking at that will help on a couple of mine, so you have helped me. Thank you
Kerry

The basic kit comes with the pedals to attach. The AFV Club M-35 series kits is the best and only kit I think of this truck. I wish that they would produce the five ton series as well. I don't think that we will ever see the M-37 3/4 ton kit.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC
Dave, this is one fine looking truck. The conversion is well carried out and will make it a strker when completed!

AS for you not having a life - I've been accused of that lately as well, does it go with the name? Just because I get in about 15 hours modelling a week!
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 08:53 AM UTC
It's just a Dave thing. For some they work at their hobby and for others their hobby is their work. I am the latter and don't regret it. LOL
 _GOTOTOP