_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tri-Star Panzer I Ausf A build
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 12:31 PM UTC
Started the Tri-Star Panzer I Ausf A construction yesterday, for a company that just launches its first tank model, the build is rather good. It's on par with any of the new DML kits. There are minimum flash and sink mark, and fit together alright. Because of the simplicity of the original vehicle, there are very few parts in the kits, and I had used maybe 3 to 4 hours last night, and already got the hull and part of the turret made. The only time consuming part I presume will be the Modelkasten tracks, but all in all an enjoyable little kit to build.

Hope you all enjoy this kit when you can get it .
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 04:11 PM UTC
Dave,

You are real fast builder. I don't even unwrap it. By the way, how many links for each track? Is it thesame as it mentioned in the instruction?
Linz
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 181 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 05:13 PM UTC
Brett Green has a two part build up over on HyperScale that may or may not be of assistance. Part One deals with the construction while Part Two deals with painting and finishing.

Cheers,
Linz
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 07:38 PM UTC
Thanks Linz, I've already got the construction review by Brett Green and prnted it out for my future reference.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave,

You are real fast builder. I don't even unwrap it. By the way, how many links for each track? Is it thesame as it mentioned in the instruction?

87 or 88 for each tracks, but I will go easy with the tracks and not creat too much sags, because you only got 180 in the kit, but if you do run out on tracks, let me know. I am sure the guys in the Tri-Star will definitely give me some if I ask.
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:44 PM UTC
Thanks Dave, I will let you know if I need more track links.
 _GOTOTOP