_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help on wiring configuration for Panzer IV
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 10:57 PM UTC
I would like to know why and I am not being winny I just would like to know when I post a question about the Panzer IV J nobody seems to be able to answer the questions. I posted a question on page 6 of this DG and all I got was a lot of lookers and no responses, Help.
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:28 PM UTC
The type of information you are after is pretty obscure. I've never come across wiring plans for any tanks, but maybe that's just me and there are some out there. You need to find someone with a real PzIV or something.......
Of course, you could always make a few educated guesses. No one would know the difference........
Sorry you're not getting much help here, I know this is the second or third time you've asked this question. I assume you've checked AFV Interior'sPanzer IV.

Nic
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 01:45 PM UTC
To get the exact detail references that you are looking for, you would need something along the lines of the Squadron/Signal Walk Around books. Unfortunately, I don't believe that they havea volume on the Panzer4 yet. You might try contacting either the Patton Armor Museum, the Aberdeen Proving Grounds Museum, or the German Army Panzer Museum at Muenster.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 08:42 PM UTC
You know, Wolf-Leader, sometimes there is no easy answer to a question. Sometimes you just have to make an educated guess.

You seem to be hung up on getting info in a "J" model. Remember that the Pz. IV J did not differ much from earlier models. I'm no expert on German armor, but they tended to simplify things as the war went on. The wiring would not have been affected much.

As others have suggested, the AFV Interiors site is the best place on the Web for info. He has tons of info on the Pz. IV. You'll be hard-pressed to find better info even in printed books.
cromwell
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 178 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 09:15 PM UTC
What type of diagrams are you after?

If you want stuff like were the cables and wires were layed inside the PzKpfw IV then try

http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/pz4/pz4a.html

copy this link into your browser.
 _GOTOTOP