_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Doh! Banner ads...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 12:04 PM UTC
Do you have these moments where something suddenly becomes very clear? I have been tossing around advertising options for the site lately. As many of you know the site is becoming increasingly more busy and popular with hobbyists, and because of this I am seriously going to have to start planning how to upgrade or optimize the site for this level of traffic. In October we were seeing about 5000 unique visitors per month. I will try to download and crunch the numbers for January but I am betting we saw a 50% increase.

Okay better get to my "Doh!" moment. As some of you probably noted there are a couple of new links to PMMS and SMI on the left. I did this because both of those sites send us a decent amount of clicks daily (some of those may be your route getting here) and I felt it was only fair to return the favor. As I was scanning down the list though I realized... all that white space on the left. Perfect for the 145 x 145 banner box ads used on many other sites!! After all that space is on every page of the site! This is the kind of exposure that many of our vendors have been asking for. So hopefull they will jump on board.

Sometime I am so slow....

Jim
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 12:13 PM UTC
Sometimes it is only the "Dohh" moments that these things come to light. I like the idea a lot better than what other sites have working... as far as the adverts go. Most sites only have the ads on one page. Only one chance for a visitor to see em before he/she goes clicking inward.

Excellent selling point Jim.
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
Armorama: 1,120 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 03:23 PM UTC
Sometimes ones plate is so full..that desert is a duh away!
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 04:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Perfect for the 145 x 145 banner box ads used on many other sites!! After all that space is on every page of the site! This is the kind of exposure that many of our vendors have been asking for.

Do occasional personal emails mentioning things like this help also?
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
Not bad, not bad at all boss.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 07:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Do occasional personal emails mentioning things like this help also?

Lol...yes occasionally. :-)

Jim
 _GOTOTOP