_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
FEATURE
  The Squeeze
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 03:26 AM UTC
Sorry to chime in so late here, but, having followed this diorama from the beginning, what a wonderful way to finish off a fantastic project: with a very informative article. Also, thanks to Slodder for making all the extra photos available for viewing.

Keith
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 01:53 PM UTC
Kevin, that diorama is superb. I love the composition and the details just like everyone else here. Best of all, I love the "contrasting" atmosphere....war machines going through a peaceful village.

It's fantastic. I wish I can make something like yours. It's simply one of the best dioramas I have ever seen. Congratulations.

Angela
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 03:08 PM UTC
wow. This is a beautiful piece of work Kevin
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 05:14 PM UTC
Kevin, that is one heckuva dio guy! Something little and normal going on everywhere you look on it.The contrast is perfect for alot of the affected countries,war material passing through serene and peacefull villages.I especially like the tanker peeking out the turret side hatch and the way you made what I think are Italeri and ESCI figures look very good.Very ironic since Italeri figs got a pretty good bashing here the other day! :-) Really great job and outstanding write-up.
Cheers lad!
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 06:51 PM UTC
The deeper I get into this fine past time we call modelling, the more I appreciate this calibre of workmanship. This dio makes the viewer search out all the details and all the little stories, which are done so well.You have both alot of patience & talent. You've done a great job with this one Kevin, and somehow it looks like it was a blast to build. I'm not sure if it's a inspiration or if I want to throw away my brush and sit back and enjoy............Nah it's an inspiration!

Cheers to a job well done
Bruce
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 12:53 AM UTC
Hi everyone, I am glad everyone is liking this dio and finding it interesting. It warms my heart that something I have created has this kind of impact on people. I had a blast making it and documenting the build, and am glad it has given inspiration. Cheers Kevin
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 02:55 PM UTC
Graywolf:
Quoted Text

IMHO this article can be a part of a modelling book.

Graywolf, I couldn't disagree more....this diorama could BE an entire book!

He has everything: models, scratch building, scenicing that would bring praise from model railroaders, composition, a story...

To redundantly mix superlatives, this diorama is absolutely extraordinary!

This is work I strive for.
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 651 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 06:44 AM UTC
Kevin,
All I can say is....SWEET! Everything about this work of art is superb, my friend.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 01:13 PM UTC
Hi Guys, thank you for the kind words. I am really glad that you like this dio Thanks again. Kevin
 _GOTOTOP