_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Look what I found!
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 02:35 PM UTC
While teaching CQB/MOUT today I saw this thing sitting up on the hillside. Not everyday you find an SA-6 especially in the middle of Colorado. I'll upload some more pics a little later. Just thought I would share. "Q"
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 03:05 PM UTC
awsome
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 03:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

While teaching CQB/MOUT today I saw this thing sitting up on the hillside. Not everyday you find an SA-6 especially in the middle of Colorado.

Much less with missiles attached, though obviously unfueled and unarmed. Very interesting. Would that be a captured Iraqi one then? And why is it in Colorado and not at NTC (though it seems to blend in?

Jeff
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 04:06 PM UTC
The missiles are mock ups. Basically a telephone pole wrapped in fiberglass with wooden fins. Yes it is an Iraqi one. My guess is it was brought in after the first gulf war. There is a ton of rust on this thing and it is gutted. Havent seen anything new come into post in regards to this go round in Iraq, although we were trying to get a Mig-21 back home. We have several Iraqi vehicles on post. This is being used in support of our MOUT site. Helps give the feel that you are in Iraq...minus the Pinon Pine trees of course :-) Ther is another vehicle across the valley from thisone that I am going to try and get pcs of tomorrow. Cant be sure what it is as it is a long way off. I'll keep you all posted though. "Q"
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 04:19 PM UTC
Left over from "Red Dawn"?
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 08:48 PM UTC
Always amazes what turns up I seen an m32 revoery sherman on the ranges last year in Germany,
Interesting fact is that these and gate guards ect still have to be declared on the inventery for armour under the CET pact with Russia
 _GOTOTOP