_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Gallery information fields disappeared ?
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 12:36 AM UTC
I just uploaded some pic's to my gallery, and noticed that there are now only three info fields left, and that in you gallery you can't see how many times you're pic's have been viewed, or if there have been any comments. Is this temporary, or is it permanent or is it me... . Oh by the way, I can now upload pic's via AOL..but I can't log on to My Ebay ???

Puzzeled
Henk
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 12:40 AM UTC
Henk, they haven't vanished, they were removed. They were removed as they were being little-used and to lessen the strain on the server. Well-spotted!....Jim
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 01:04 AM UTC
Jim, I thought the comments and ratings fields might have been removed for that reason, but I did like the counter to show how often people had clicked on your photo to enlarge it. Not just to satisfy my vanity but it did show me what kind of picture is more popular that others. I thing I found out is that most hits are on 'overal' photo's, rather than close-up detail shots. I was surprised, as I had expected the opposite. I used the counters to clear out my gallery from pic's which are not (often) viewed, to replace them with new ones.
But hey, with my new Aguard mega space that is not (yet ) a big issue..

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP