_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Help with T55 Enigma please
FireflyVC
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 10:33 AM UTC
Hi guys, not having been armour for too long I'm not to sure of whats out there in the way of conversions etc. I'm sure that either on this site or one of the other 'major' armour sites I recently saw pictures of an Iraqi T55 Enigma conversion. I don't know a great deal about this unusual looking afv but it's really caught my interest.
I would be really grateful to anybody out there who can give me a run down of what conversions are out there, their accuracy and ease ofconstruction, where I can get them and a guide to their cost etc.
Thanks to you all for your time.
OneOneBravo
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 100 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 06:21 AM UTC
FireflyVC,
The only kit i know of for the T-55 of the "ENIGMA" conversion kit by cromwell models priced around £28.50, you can find it on their website.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 06:36 AM UTC
Ola Firefly

Not exactly kitdetails or conversion details but this is a link to a walkaround I made in the Tankmuseum of Bovington

T55 Enigma Walkaround

joe60
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 06:13 AM UTC
Hi FIREFLYVC
VP also does an Egimna conversion, this was orignally for the Esci T55 and does not look to have been updated for the Tamyia kit. I believe that it will fit with some modification (sic) but having built the original a number of years ago I cannot reccommend over the Cromwell conversion which looks much better in the box. I will get around to building it eventually. The Cromwell conversion also gives you a A4 sheet of B+W Photos of the real vehicle but there is no substutite for the real thing
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 11:53 AM UTC
well, the two mentioned kits, VP and Cromwell, are the two conversions I know of. The Cromwell kit is the better detailed and probably the better to put on a kit. I know the Verlinden one will not comfortably fit the Tamiya kit. However, it is ok on the trumpeter kit and nice onthe old Esci kit, so it depends on what you have to work with. The Cromwell one was designed for the Tamiya kit.

I think Blast is coming out with a kit too...?

If you are not too worried about fit problems, I believe the VP kit is about half of the Cromwell one.
 _GOTOTOP