Hosted by Darren Baker
Jordanian UNPROFOR Land Rover
traveller1
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 10:52 AM UTC
Anyone out there that can lend a hand I'd really appreciate it a lot. I am workign on a Balkans dio with a Croat T55 and I want to put another vehicle in there with it. In the book "The Balkans On Fire" there is one photo of a Jordanian UNPROFOR Land rover. Can anyone out there tell me where I maight can find more photos and information on these vehicles? I want to know how they were configured, armament carried, R/H or L/H drive and anything else that might be helpful. If anyone has any photos they could scan and send it would be great.

TIA
Steve
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:48 AM UTC
Steve, I browsed my references and couldn't find much on Jordanian UNPROFOR... As for the picture you mentioned, I'm quite sure the LandRover is L/H drive with a side weapon (GPMG?) and front smoke dischargers fitted on the bumper. I know someone out there makes a simmilar LandRover, but I forgot the company... it was a rather old model kit. Italeri?

Mario.
traveller1
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 05:59 AM UTC
Thanks Mario. The photo shows the smoke grenade launchers on the bumper, and I can see a side mount weapon, but not well enough to make out the type. The angle of the photo also doesn't give me a good enough view to be able to tell whether it is mounted more to teh right or left, so I couldn't guess as to th driver placement. As for the kit you mentioned, I happen to have both the Italeri and the tamiya Desert Land rover kits sitting on my shelves, not sure which one I'll use for the diorama yet. the Tamiya has sand tires, while the Italeri is equipped with standard light truck tires.
armormike
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 06:43 AM UTC
The Tamiya and Italeri Land Rovers are older models and probably would not be the same as in the book. I would suggest either the Accurate Armour kit or the Historica Productions kit. Accurates can be found at www.accurate-armour.com and Historica's can be found at www.steelmodels.com.
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 10:44 AM UTC
The only Jordanian UN landie I've seen is a 2-door 110. LH drive, weapons mount on the RH side, but no weapon fitted. The windscreen frame appears to be about 6-8" taller than the regular 110, and there is glass only LH (driver's) side. 2 banks of 4 SGL mounted on the corners of the bumper. Canvas top and lower doors, and an empty bracket along the rocker panel. Sand ramps on the side, wire mesh over the headlights.

HTH
 _GOTOTOP