_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Another airbrush question...
blackwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hey guys!
Ok here's the deal my Testors A470 just peeterd out on me ! Yes i did keep it clean I mean really really clean. I took it apart to see what happend (Tim Allen kinda thing) and noticed a big chunk of goop just behind the piston that controls the airflow, and I thought I kept it clean!! Well I got it back togther and now NO air comes out!! Ok fine I admit I must of broken something when putting it back togther (lesson learned !! Ok so now I have to buy a new airbrush (what a shame). I'm not going to buy another 470 just didnt like it,I was looking at the Paasche series. Any feed back would be helpful!! Thanks Scott #:-)
Pieter
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 141 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 05:30 AM UTC
I have a paasche vl series airbrush, and I love it. They stated the fine lines are 1/64th with the number 1 needle, and it will do it. the lines are fine with no overspray, works on about 10 fine lines to 20 for wide lines, and it's lite weight.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 08:44 AM UTC
Hi Scott....I ain't going to say much because you can find a wealth
of good AB refernence if you do a search...........but Iwata, Passche, and
Badger make very reliable and good quality airbrushes.
I have tried the Aztek..........and in my opinion " it is like a toy " and I have heard
to many good and bad complaints about it. When you talk to modeler or
artists that use the 3 I mentioned above ............you get nothing but praise
for them. So get a good AB, and put an end to your troubles.
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU !

- ralph
blackwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 09:58 AM UTC
Screamin
YEP I have to agree that it feels like a toy that's why I'm not going to buy another one. It looks like I'm going to go with the Paasche, but double or single action? Dont know on that one yet!! Scott
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 10:31 AM UTC
That's a Bummer with a capitol "B"!
I would not be so quick to toss it yet. They have a lifetime guarantee. Give Testors a call and see what they'll do for you. Worst case you toss it but, if they replace it, you'll have another for other projects...and if you still don't want it, than, send her over to me. :-)

Toll-free in the U.S. and Canada: (800) TESTORS
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 08:05 PM UTC
I have used a Passche H and VL and was happy with both. Both contributed to award winning models so they must be good. :-) I moved up to the VL when I got one at an auction and moved up to a Badger 150 when I got one at a yard sale for a realy good price. The VL was easier to use than the H, the trigger controls air flow and paint volume. With the H, you have to adjust the airflow with the trigger and volume by turning the tip.
I'd go with the VL if you have the choice. The Badger 150 is comparable to the VL but lighter and easier to clean.
hrmodeler
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 08:24 PM UTC
I'm using Aztek now after tried some other airbrushes and it works excellent for me.
It's very easy cleaning and I like that very much. And I use automotive colors for my model cars with it and I must say that works perfect even with this colors.
If air don't come out, that's my fault and than I clean it very easy.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Screamin
YEP I have to agree that it feels like a toy that's why I'm not going to buy another one. It looks like I'm going to go with the Paasche, but double or single action? Dont know on that one yet!! Scott

Hi Scott good decision on the Passche. Since you already have the know how, and
skill's from using the Aztek............you should stick with a double-action AB.
You can do alot more with them, and have full control over your air-flow & spray
pattern. I own a couple of Iwata's and would not use any other AB then these, but
the Passche AB's are real work horse's, and will give you a lifetime of reliable
performance and total satisfaction.
GOOD LUCK !

- ralph
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 02:20 AM UTC
I'm an Aztec, she's an Aztec, He's an Aztec toooo........OOPS!! Forgot myself there for a second! Aztec has been mine mainstay since i began airbrushing. Had a problem and they replaced the entire unit lockity split. You can't ask for better servicve than taht! Also I was so pleased that I went and bought a back up unit "just in case" as a filler in.

Jacko Azteco from Mexico
 _GOTOTOP