_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1064A3 in OIF
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hi all:

I just received the MR Model conversion set for this vehicle. Although I am not yet finished with my current project, of course I am looking ahead and trying to gather my references now. Some might remember my earlier thread on the M113 series where I asked some questions there, and I did get one really nice shot of an M1064A3 there.

I tried to get to Rob's Motorpool shots of the M106 but the page is blank. Anyway, does anybody have any shots of this vehicle at all? I am most interested in interior shots and ANY OIF shots.

Since I will be doing so much interior work on this model I plan on showing the crew dismounted so the viewer can still see the interior unobstructed (I like to display my models in vignettes and dios). There seems to be a lot of great figures coming out now, so I plan on having the crew standing about or whatever. Some photos I have seen of this vehicle in OIF show it w/ a camo net, so I need ideas on how to make that too (I think Eduard sells camo net sets, but there are so many I don't know which one is appropriate for the US Army in OIF, if any).

SOOOO, any thoughts, and especially photos on the above, would be much appreciated.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 09:24 AM UTC
I do have the M1064 photos still on my computer and can upload them later tonight. My mortar carrier is an XM1064 (later just M1064) and based on the M113A2 chassis. The M1064A3 is the second generation of the M1064 and based on the M113A3 chassis. Note there is no M1064A1 or M1064A2, they jumped straight to A3 to keep it aligned with the M113 FOV.
 _GOTOTOP